spouse status changed from H4 to H1 while I-140 approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spouse status changed from H4 to H1 while I-140 approval

my wife was on H4 when i filed for I-140 but by the time 140 got approved she got her H1 and is currently working.
    Do i need to mention her H4 record in point 25 of DS-230 Part I, even though she never left US while her status changed from H4 to H1.
    Secondly, is A# theI-94 #...
    Advice from experts like Ron, abu and others is highly appreciated.
    Thanks...

spouse status changed from H4 to H1 while I-140 approval

Do i need to mention her H4 record in point 25 of DS-230 Part I, even though she never left US while her status changed from H4 to H1?

Yes. You must list all previous visa's issued to her on the DS 230 forms.

Is A# theI-94 #?

No. An "A" number is assigned at POE. It will be the same as the Immigrant Visa Number on the Visa itself.

You need to write down the visa numbers (In red on Visa) from the visas in your passport. You don't need I94 Numbers (though take a photocopy with you as they are handy for proving legal status in US).

Comment

Thaks kw, i appreciate your help..more so that that was real fast..
      I'd seen u giving excellent advise to Shuraz, though i skipped ur name in my posting...
      Thanks again

Comment

for H1 extension,entry in point 25 of DS-230 Part I???

My previous H1 has expired and I've the new H1 approval, though not yet stamped.
        Do I need to mention this point 25 of DS-230 Part I, even though I've been on H1 throughout my stay.
        I'd appreciate your response...Thanks a lot...

Comment

New H1

If the Visa number (in red) on the new H1 is the same as the old one probably not. If it is different then definitely yes.

If it's the same number as the old one you could put it twice and if they ask about it just say you got it extended and that's why it's there twice.

They won't turn you down for that. At worst they will make you fill in the form again.

Comment

Re: New H1

Thanks again kw!
            appreciate your help...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X