140 approval notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140 approval notice

After repeatedly urging our lawyer for sending our 140 approval notice it been faxed to my husband finally. Now the shocking part.It says that " the petition indicates that the applicant will apply for adjustment of status in U.S". WE are totally shocked because we did mention in the I-140 that we would go for consular processing. Now what do we do?

To do CP, you need I824. If you can do AC I140, this is the fastest approach. This depends on consulate, which is your consulate?

Comment

Our consulate is Mumbai. Just now my husband spoke with the lawyers. They are saying that this is definitely the INS's mistake. They would speak with INS regarding this and this can be resolved in about 2 weeks. Although this is very hard to believe, but is it possible that we may not require 824 or AC 140?
      Have you heard of any similar cases? Please help.

Comment

Don't do anything. AC I140 is usually faster than anything else!!! You can do it in Mumbai

With AC I140, you need to wait for receipt of I824 (not approval) and then approach consulate directly. You can be done in less than 4 months.

Comment

Thank you very much. Would you please verify if this is correct(what could be done)
          1.We send INS the I-824 application form.
          2. With the receipt of I-824, send the AC-140, along with Packet 3?

Comment

Yes. please read in immihelp about AC I140.
            Receipt can come as little as one week, but can also be one month.
            In that time you get ready with P3. When recepit of I824 comes, you mail P3 directly to Mumbai, bypassing NVC.
            After that, it is as little as 2 months (to 2.5 months) and you are done.

Comment

But what about " grounds of hardship ". What exactly do we have to show or prove?

Comment

That is not required anymore. See DOS memorandum about this.

You are not the first, and would be one of many doing AC I-140 at Mumbai. Please search at archives for AC-140 or AC I-140 about this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X