Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful CP- but 2 things we didn't know

HI all!
    We got our temp GC in Chennai and it was a breeze. No questions were asked and all we needed to do was have the required documents. They also asked for bank statements, pay stub, so make copies and take them alongwith the original.
    One more thing, in Chennai, they keep your passport and then courier it to you to your local address in India. SO for that you need to have a DD in the amount of Rs 350 (if you are with spouse), or else Rs 300. Also, at the Bombay airport, we were asked for the Indian Income Tax clearance form, which we didn;t have. It could've created a lot of trouble but the airport agent overlooked it. However, everyone might not be so understanding.
    Hope you all get your GC's and I think CP was a great decision.
    Best of luck.
    Ravi

Successful CP- but 2 things we didn't know

Congratulation !!

Comment

Re: Successful CP- but 2 things we didn't know

As for the Income Tax Clearance, it is required when one is leaving for US on a work VISA. I got my IT clearance when I came to US about 4 years back.
      All the Income Tax authority want to ensure is that there is no IT liability pending against you and if you haven't resided in India for years, they should not bother too much. I think it can easily be claimed that you showed your IT clearance when you first left India (on H-1 or similar visa)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X