X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immihelp - OF 169 Pkt 3 question ..

Immihelp,

I am doing Regular CP through NVC. The OF-169 form says
    that "the Pkt 3 should be filled and returned to NVC. NVC will then complete processing of the case and FORWARD the file to the consulate". I remember reading in several posts here that the completed Pkt 3 should be sent to the Consulate directly and not to NVC. This confuses me.

The question I have is:

Should the Pkt 3 (that is received from NVC) be completed and sent "back to NVC"?
    OR
    Should the Pkt 3 (that is received from NVC) be completed and sent "to the Consulate directly"?

Thanks,
    Amitabh.

OF-169

I did regular CP and I don't recall what you stated. Optional form 169 is a part of packet 3 itself. Once NVC sends you packet3, NVC is out of picture. Then it's between you and the consulate.

Comment

Does this imply that ..

Does this imply that the NVC electronically forwards the case to the Consulate at the SAME TIME as it issues the Pkt-3 ?

Thanks,
      Nipun.

Comment

Immihelp - A request to you.

Immihelp,

I started this thread because I was reading the OF-169 posted on your site. When I read the OF-169 posted on the NVC website, it clearly says that "the completed form should be sent to the Consulate and NOT to the NVC".

Can you please update the forms if possible? (or am I missing something simple).

Really appreciate the yeoman service that you have been providing!!

Thanks,
        Amitabh.

Comment

OF-169

NVC physically sends the case to the consulate.

Comment

OF-169

I think for two consulates Montreal and Beijing(?), the applicant has to send the packet 3 to NVC which then forwards it to the consulate, for everyone else, the applicant sends the packet 3 to the consulate directly.

Also, NVC sends the applicant file to the appropriate consulate by diplomatic pouch, which takes between a week to two.

Just my 2 cents.

Jeevs

Comment

OF

I am sorry, I was referrring to the process for Indian consulates.

Comment

When does NVC forward the file to the Consulate?

Given the following conditions, when does the NVC forward the file to the Consulate?

Conditions:
                -----------
                *I-140 Approved in EB2 category
                *Regular CP
                *Mumbai Consulate
                *NVC received the file from VSC
                *PRIORITY DATE IS CURRENT

Is the file forwarded to the Consulate when the case is created by NVC (PD is current)?
                OR
                Is the file forwarded to the Consulate ONLY when Packet 3 is sent by NVC (irrespective of the PD)?

Thanks for your responses,
                Amitabh.

Comment

packet 4

file is forwarded to the consulate once NVC sends out the packet 3.

Comment

NVC-consulate

Hi Amitabh,

My case is exactly identical to yours.

I did my CP last month in Mumbai. My packet III was sent by my lawyer to Mumbai consulate. Alternately, you can directly send packet III to the consulate. You may save some time here.

VFP

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X