Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chennai CP with 824 receipt

Hi Guys,

I've applied to Chennai consulate for my CP (ACP?). Mine was through my lawyer and the application was sent with the 824 receipt notice on November 7th. Neither I nor my lawyer didn't get back any information from the consulate so for. Is this normal?

No ACP

Chennai is not doing ACP. If you have approved I-824 then you can go to chennai.

Comment

ACP at New Delhi

How about New Delhi? Are they doing ACP with I824 receipt?

Sandy

Comment

Is it true

Hi Grrs,

Your reply was your assumption or did you really file at Chennai and got a reply from them. My lawyer is very confident and optimistic about Chennai. He is insisting that with the new state department's ruling, they had to accept all the CP cases with the I-824 Receipt.

Question for immihelp: What will happen to the AOS, if I apply for CP with I-824 receipt. (I belong to VSC and my wife is already using the EAD)

Comment

Re: Is it true

Rajini, I am also still wondering whether Chennai accepts CP with 824 receipt notice. Could you just share with me when did you send your packet-3 along with I824 receipt notice to the Chennai Consulate? Did you Fedex it or Hand deliver packet - 3?
          Any inputs are appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Is it True

I applied for my 824 and got the receipt on Oct 27th. Then my Lawyer took a week and sent the packet 3 on 3rd November. The Airborne tracking says it was delivered to the consulate on 7th of November. When I called the consulate, they declined to answer anything on the case, and said they can only give me some details if I have a case number.

Even they were not clear on how many days will it take to process the request and create a case number. I'm surprised and frustrated to hear that, because if Mumbai is processing the similar type of applications in a very professional way, why not Chennai!!

I'm EB2 with PD July 1997 VSC:-((

Comment

Re: Is it True

Thanks!! Rajini.
              Just send the packet 3 to Chennai. Yet don't know whether it has reached Chennai or not. Even my lawyer was hoping that Chennai should accept these cases according to new DOS cable. Wish Chennai accepts these cases and create the case Number.
              Chennai consulate is the worst in answering phone calls or sending email replies as far as I know. Please post and share any info regarding this case.
              Let this thread live......

Thanks.

Comment

CP Process !

HTML Comments are not allowed

Comment

CP Process !

-Pckt3 to consulate
                  ( preferred hand delivery)
                  -Consulate requesting Visa # / GC # from NVC
                  -Consulate posting interviews on the basis of Case #
                  on their site.

my I-140 ( AOS ) approval notice says that the file will be held at NSC for AOS.

my Attorney told me that if I apply for I-824 the file will be transferred to NVC without which NVC wont issue Visa # to consulates( step 2 above )

Normally I-140 cp people check wheather their case is received by NVC calling an 800 number

Also the DOS memo says that it is upto the consulate to decide wheather they want to accept an AC/I-824 receipt based cases depending upon their work load.

- EB3 PD 10/01/1999
                  - I-140 ( Aos ) approved on 07/25/2000
                  - I-824 for CP applied on 10/17/2000
                  - Waiting for PD to become current with Dec 15th bulletin

Hope that Helps..............
                  If Chennai accepts Pckt3 please post it here...
                  Immihelp should clarify further.......??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X