Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immihelp - Is it necessary to carry I-824 receipt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immihelp - Is it necessary to carry I-824 receipt?

Folks/Immihelp,

Does anyone know for sure if the I-824 receipt is required for CP at Mumbai??

I have applied for AC-I140. (I have NOT applied for AOS) Mumbai received my package on Sept 14th. They assigned a case# on Sept 19th and my namecheck was completed on Sept 28th.

I have corresponded with them twice regarding my date but both times they asked me to wait till Nov 15th, saying that the interview will most probably be in Dec.

I did not explicitly ask them about the I-824 and neither did they mention anything in their replies.

Does anyone know if I am required to file form I824 and carry a receipt with me? I am concerned that it may be too late to do that.

Thanks,

The Dragon

Most probably you won't need I-824 receipt but you should cal lthe Mumbai consulate and confirm this.

I don't think anyone on this alias or on any other alias elsewhere on any website will have an definited answer to your question..

Only the folks at Mumbai consulate can answer your question.

Thx
    Tushar Desai

Comment

Reg. receipt for I-824

Thanks, Tushar, for your reply.

I do not think I will need it either. Just wanted to see if anyone has talked with Mumbai yet to find out about this.

The way I see it, I-824 is for letting the INS know that you want to change course (meaning, if you have applied for AOS, to abort that bcos you are going for CP).

If one has not applied for AOS, then where is the need to file form I-824??

The Dragon

Comment

Ditto question ..

.. except that I am getting ready to file AC140 at Mumbai.

Immihelp, can you confirm?

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Ditto question ..

See my previous posts on this.

Comment

Immihelp - Is it necessary to carry I-824 receipt?

1. I824 is file when you change from AOS to CP.
            2. You cannot file an AC140 unless you have I140 approved for AOS.
            3. I think you should have filed AOS to take the AC140 route.

I am not sure that you can get an I140 approved for AOS but not file AOS at all and file an AC140 claiming Hardship ( What is your reason for not filing AOS --?)

What do you propose to write in the AC140 cover letter ( I feel like filing AC140....)

Please clarify.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X