Dependent coming seperately after CP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependent coming seperately after CP

Can my dependent come separately( a later date than mine) after the CP? I heard that there will be a sealed envelope that will be handed over to us after the CP is done. If I inform that my dependent we will be coming separately, will they give a separate envelope for her? Will there be any problems during her entry into the US? Please help me in getting the relevant info.

Thanx

Return with spouse

You should have mentioned in your Packet III the list of persons who will accompany you and list of persons who will join you later. If you had mentioned that your spouse will come with you, she has to come with you. I don't think she can come alone later.

Sam

Comment

i am pretty sure your dependent can come separately as long as she enters AFTER you and WITHIN 6 months of issuance of immigrant Visa. sam's interpretation is incorrect. the question he is referring to in OF 230 part 1 is regarding "follow-to-join" whereby you request the consulate to INTERVIEW the dependant after the principal applicant.

Comment

SS20 is correct.

Each applicant gets a IV and a sealed envelope. And if my memory serves me right, there is a rubber stamp on the dependent's envelope saying that the person should either accompany the primary applicant or join later on. There is no need of specifying that the dependent will be joining later.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X