Passport Renewal Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Renewal Issue

I have CP interview in November. My passport is expiring in January 2001. I sent my passport to SF Indian Consulate for renewal. They sent me the new passport with new passport number(Passport number is different than old passport number). They sent me back my old passport with Cancellation stamp on it. In my new passport they put a stamp saying that earlier I traveled with a different passport number(my old passport number). I do not have any VISA stamp in my new passport. Does it cause any problem at US Consulate in Madras? Does it cause any problem in my return travel?

I appreciate your advice.

new passport

You are fine. I am in the same boat. Be sure to carry your old passport with you. If you have noticed, they have not cancelled the visa stamping on yout old passport. So when asked, you will have to show you new passport and old pasport.

After successful, CP, they will stamp I551 on your new passport,and henceforth, you need carry only the new passport.

VFP

Comment

US Visae STAY VALID

Hello All

Here is what I can share:-

1.US VISA DOCUMENTS (that is the Visa alone, not the Passport) remains VALID till the date of expiry of the Visa itself. Whichever country the Passport is from, the Visa itself does not get cancelled upon expiry of the Passport validity.

2.It is prudent to STAPLE YOUR OLD PASSPORT with your new passport for your travel needs.

This advice is from a seasoned traveller ..... not a seasoned H-1/GC applicant!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X