Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof that you qualify for the consulate you are a

Hi ImmiHelp,

I appreciate your help in resolving consular district selection.

Here is my situation.

1) I have my NIV (H1 Visa) stamp from US Consulate, Mumbai, India.

2) But, My address in the passport represents my birth place that is in US Consulate, Chennai, India 's consular district.

Which consulate do you advise for me to go for consular processing? On what basis, the consular district is assigned? Also, I did not live in Mumbai as of today.

I read some good info in AC-140 section on immihelp site, which is titled as
    "Proof that you qualify for the consulate you are applying. This can be established by following means"

it clearly notes "The US visa page of your passport showing the name of the consulate that issued the US NIV can be used as Proof "

I would like to find a good resource to convince my attorney. Can you please, point me to a good resource where it points out the above note?

I would like send AC-140 to Mumbai Consulate. My I-140 approved with CP option. It is almost three months, as of today VSC did not send the approved file to NVC. NVC said they wait until 90 days, and if they do not receive by then they will give a letter saying that the file has not reached them? With that letter I would like to file a I-824 ( duplicate copy transfer). With the I-824 receipt and NVC letter, I would like to file a AC-140.Â* As of today I do not hear any accepted case with new state department memo at US Consulate, Chennai. I know Mumbai is very good at handling AC-140 cases. I am just wondering, would Mumbai accepts my case or not? Also in my I-140 filing, the consulate specified is Mumbai (Attorney's just put something with out consulting me).

I appreciate any other suggestion on my situation. I am really stuck with INS, and screwing up mu case since my I-140 applied for no reason.

Thanks in advance for you support and help,
    -SKorandla

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X