I824 at Mumbai consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I824 at Mumbai consulate

I have heard from my friends that Mumbai consulate is now(from this month) asking for original I824 receipt at the time of interview.

I was wondering if you guys know what is their policy for the cases they accepted last month.

What is I-824?

Comment

I would also be interested in knowing if I-824 is required for the November Interviews or not. I have not heard anything from the consulate on this matter.

Immihelp...your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Mine is an ACI-140 case and would be interested in knowing if I824 would be required for ACI-140 cases for already assigned November interviews.

Comment

If they have already accepted your case and your interview is assigned in November, you won't need to take I-824 receipt with you. That would be for the new cases being sent now.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Immihelp,

I have requested for an interview in Jan.
            Do you think that I824 would be required in my case??

My case was accepted by them on 09/20/00.

Thanks

Comment

Immhelp,

Can you check on your response. A reputed attorney indicates "For those people in the pipeline, who filed just before they announced this policy, they are accepting their files, but requiring that the applicants produce an I-824 receipt at the time of the interview."

I am not his client and was forwarded above message. I have a Nov 1st week Interview and am leaving shortly. Could you please help check.

s9m3

Comment

I think the best thing is to Call up the consulate and ask them about it. However, everyone is trying to find a person to bell the cat, as they dont want to be told to bring the I-824. However if you dont call them and they don't inform you, it can be assumed that they wont ask for I-824.

I will be calling the consulate tonight for the int date. I am still wondering if I should ask them this question or just act as if we dont know about this new development.

Ramky

Comment

Ramky,

I think the second option is good, atleast for those having interview in November, coz we have very less time and this will only lead to more confusions.

So unless we do not hear about this from the consulate, we presume it is not required for us.

Regards,

Comment

If you have applied AC_140 at mumbai and have a case# , then you do not need I-824 approval at the time of interview. I have an email from the embassy confirming this for my case#.

Comment

What esumeet is telling is correct.

Whatever 'a reputed attorney' says does not always have to be correct. He is not the ultimate authority in this world for consular processing.

I am answering to the best of my knowledge and it is up to you to believe whoemever you want to believe. It would be unethical for me to comment on other attorney's reply.
                      Immihelp Support

Comment

My AC-I-140 case was accepted on 22 Sep 2000. I also got packet 3 from Mumbai(I had not sent packet 3). I called up the Consulate yesterday night (Sunday night U.S. time)and the guy I was talking to didn't even know what I-824 was. However, I talked to an Indian guy and I am not sure how reliable his input would be.

Comment

Immihelp,
                          I have filed my I-485 in April 2000(EB2). I am planning to do AC-I-140 CP in Mumbai.
                          Would filing an I-824 imply that I am abandoning my I-485?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes
                            Immihelp Support

Comment

Immihelp,
                              A few questions about I-824.

Can I, the benificiary of I-140 petition, file I-824 to request INS to inform a Consulate of my I-140
                              approval. Do I need my employer's signature anywhere on the form?
                              Since the original petition(I-140) is filed by my employer, I was wondering whether only my employer can
                              file the related I-824?

In case I can file the I-824,
                              Do I need to enter the information of my employer(the petitioner) in Part 2?
                              Do I need to enter my I-140 information in “Processing Information” of Part 3?
                              Do I need to enter my personal information in “give the following about the person you filed for” of Part 3?
                              Do I sign in Part 4?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X