Hand delivered P3 @ Chennai Consulate Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand delivered P3 @ Chennai Consulate Today

I just recieved mail from home that my father hand delivered the P3 at the Chennai consulate at 3:00 p.m. today.

It seems he had to fill out a form with details ( Don't know what). Also When they recieved the P3 they asked him Why the US address was on the P3 and not the Indian Address.

All my father said was "I was told to deliver" I know nothing else about anything on the document either contact my son or his Attorney.

This is second hand information via E-mail. I will post exact details tommorow after I have spoken to him tonite.

Please post the details as you said, please. Thanks. I sent the Packet 3 to the consulate from NY, but my wife was supposed to send it from India.

Comment

We have just applied for I824 with the VSC. In OF169 I need to fill out the Case Number. I know that the
      Case Number will be generated by the NVC when I824 is approved by VSC and sent to NVC, but we are going to send out the Packet 3 with just the I824 receipt notice(from the new rule that the State Department sent to all the consulates).

1) How will a Case Number be generated for me?
      2) Do we know that Chennai will be accepting these kind of applications with just the I824 receipt notice, I140 original notice and Packet 3?

Could you please answer these questions.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Here are the details

Here are the first hand details of hand delivering the P3.

1. First a form had to be filled out with name and case number.
        2. Then it had to be handed over at the inquiry counter.

It seems the officer at the counter asked.

Q.Why is not the Indian address not provided on the P3?
        A.My father replied all I was asked was to hand deliver any question/queries need to be directed to the Attorney on record.

Then the office said it is better to provide Indian address because they do not mail P4 2 weeks before interview therefore most likely it will not reach the US.

He was also assured that, it was not a problem because duplicate copies can be collected from the consulate before the interview.

After that the officer asked to call the consulate after Nov 15 for the exact interview date.

I am yet to call the consulate to confirm if my file is in the system. I will do so on Monday and post details.

If 48 hrs is the turn around time then, Hand delivery maybe the best way for a P3.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X