Please answer this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please answer this

I have the following questions,I will appreciate if i can get the answers.

1. Do i have to submit of230 PartI for my daughter. She will accompany me but was born here, hence a citizen.

2.The forms on this site, OF169 AND OF230, are a little different than the ones on NVC website. is it OK to use the forms on this site?

3. Do We have send OF169 AND OF230 only?

Thnaks

1. Do i have to submit of230 PartI for my daughter. She will accompany me but was born here, hence a citizen.
    NO

2.The forms on this site, OF169 AND OF230, are a little different than the ones on NVC website. is it OK to use the forms on this site?
    YES. Better if you use ones you receive from NVC directly when they send you pak3

Each for self and dependents. So, if you have 1 dependent, 1 169/230 for you and 1 for your dependent

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Only 1 OF169

<<<
        Each for self and dependents. So, if you have 1 dependent, 1 169/230 for you and 1 for your dependent
        >>>

The answer is not quite correct. You need only one OF169 for the whole family, and 1 OF230 for each dependent.

-JoeF

Comment

Re: Only 1 OF169

If self and dependent has lived in different countries, then you definitely need 2 separate 169s.

Comment

Re: Only 1 OF169

<<<
            If self and dependent has lived in different countries, then you definitely need 2 separate 169s
            >>>

That is wrong. 9 FAM 42.63 Procedural Notes 5.1-2 (foia.state.gov/Famdir/fam...9fam.html) states:
            Packet 3 consists of:
            (1) Form OF-169, Visa Document Transmittal Letter (covering letter for Packet 3)
            (4) Form OF-230 I, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Part I - Biographic Data (one for each applicant).

This makes it pretty clear that in no case do you need more than one OF-169.

-JoeF

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X