Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Birth Certificate affidavit

Hello
    Thanks immihelp for clarifying that I don't need to get a certificate explaining why my name is not mentioned in the Birth certificate. I have a question regarding the affidavit. I read that this Affidavit need to be signed by a First class Magistrate. Is that correct or I need to just get this affidavit notarized. I will appreciate your help. Thanks

Only notary is required. First class megistrate signature is not required. The later would be required if you would want to add your name into your original birth certificate, or would want to make changes to it.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

HELP: Birth Certificate affidavit

Hello immihelp
      Thanks for clarifying that a notarized birth affidavit is enough. I guess same notarized affidavit is enough if I have a certificate from the municipal authorities that my birth record doesn't exist. Is that correct. Thanks for the help

Comment

YES you need NO RECORD OF BC from Municipal office or if you are from a village then it can be obtained from B.D.O or Tehsilldaar office AND an affidevt from your parents.

Comment

Dear Immihelp,
          I got slightly confused.
          My wife's name is not on her BC, and everything else is on it. Now I need to get an affidavit
          signed by her parents and then by "notary" or "magistrate". Which one?
          I just want to make the BC bare minimum suitable for I-485 or CP, whatever.
          Thanks,
          Anupam

Comment

Parents of your wife has to sign Before Notary, First Class Magistrate will not sign for BC affidevt.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X