Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC sicess at Mumbai

Dear friends:

My AC 140 petition was successfully approved at Mumbai on the 21 of September. It was an EB1 case. I did my medicals at Lilavati; the guys at Lila were extremely helpful and professional. It only takes a day to get medicals done at Lila, although the info from the consulate states three. You can confirm this by calling the Lilavati people directly.

I stayed at the Shalimar hotel. The place is good, the free breakfast is excellent, and the restaurant is a good place to eat some decent Indian food. The hotel was very clean and they had free Internet access. There is a travel agent next door who works with them and delivers your tickets for any travel in India at the counter. They also have currency exchange in the hotel and safe in every hotel room.

I sent my entire certified petition to the consulate; it was about three inches thick. And I recommend that you send every single page. They will return every thing to you except the forms, and the cover letter. I was asked for my birth certificate (also for my wife), marriage certificate (also a copy for my wife), Notarized employment letter and affidavit of support, asked for a copy of my current H1. I had my visa photos done at “my studio” and my passport photos for medicals at Office Depot in US. The Indian guy who took my documents was a funny guy; we talked about Daler Mehdi and Bhangara music nothing else. The interview with the American Consular officer took about 30 seconds, she just asked me what I did, said hellos to my wife and we were on our way. We entered via Detroit, again no questions (!) but a long wait, about 60 minutes.

Good luck to all.

Congratulations!

Free internet access? I thought it was Rs. 100/hour.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X