I-140 approval to NVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 approval to NVC

Sorry if this question has been frequently asked, but once you're got your I-140 approved, does the lawyer send the approved I-140 to NVC or does it automatically get sent by the approving Service center ? If the second case, then how long does it normally take for NVC to receive that, process it and send out the packet 3 to lawyer/applicant ?

Will appreciate feedback.
    Thanks much.

AmericanPie2001 :
    the respective service center will send it directly to NVC. It takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks. From the time your file reaches NVC, give it around 2 months for you to get pkt.3 and for your file to reach the consulate. Give or take a week here and there depending upon NVC's work load.

Comment

I-140 approval Notice

bd850,

AmericanPie2001 was asking about where I-140 original approval notice goes. But it looks like that you're talking about the entire application documents of I-140.

Another words, once I-140 is approved, INS will send beneficiary's lawyer THE ORIGINAL APPROVAL NOTICE. And then, INS will send the whold documents of I-140 application to NVC.

This is my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Thanks, Altruist69 and bd850, for your response.

Altruist, do you know how much time it takes for the lawyer to get the I-140 approval? Also, will I as applicant, get a copy ? Service center Automated Resp Sys says I-140 was approved on Mar 6th and I haven't managed to talk to lawyer yet. Would he have got it by now ?

Thanks,
        Pi

Comment

AmericanPie2001,

Mine was approved on 03/15/2001, and my lawyer received the ORIGINAL approval notice on 03/19/2001. He sent me an e-mail saying that he got the paper, and will start the next step. So if you want to get the copy of I-140, just call your lawyer and ask him to send you a copy of that. Normally, any lawyer will give you that kind of photo-copy everytime something is completed, otherwise he has a problem.

Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X