Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Consulate send mails to US Address ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Consulate send mails to US Address ?

Guys with knowledge and experience,

Does anyone know how the US Consulates send mails to US Address ? and how long does it normally take ?

I heared they are not using any carrier ( Fedex or DHL )
    Instead, They using their special diplomatic mailing system to send mails to Washington, then the mails get distiributed to the exact address, Is that correct ?
    Any idea how long would it take to receive a mail from them ?

Thank,

Mail

I am saying this from the experience of receiving abridged version of packet 4 (just the appointment letter). This letter was mailed to my US mailing address from a US location (based on the stamp). Quite possible that it may have arrived in US in a diplomatic bag.

The transit time for the diplomatic bags would be very fast as they are not subject to customs, but needs to consider distribution time locally.

Comment

Re: Mail

How long did it take since your consulate received Packet III until you received Packet 4 ?

Thanks

Comment

time between P3/P4 etc

I received only a single sheet appointment letter for my family and I to my US address in 40 days from the time Chennai received my packet 3.

The full P4 will not be mailed to you. I authorized some one, by Fax, to pick up my packet 4 at Chennai. This person authorized does not have to a relative... Just mention the MDR number.

Comment

Re: time between P3/P4 etc

From my personal experience: I think the consulate sends Package IV through diplomatic mail to an address in US and then the mail is distributed through US Postal Service. In my case, Packet IV was mailed out by the consulate on March 8th and I received it on March 19th.

Comment

Re: time between P3/P4 etc

Me too,

I received my Packet III on 3/19 and it was sent on 3/8
            Yes, It had a Sender US address.

thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...