employment letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employment letter

My packet 3 is in chennai and Im waiting on an appointment date(maybe in a month or two). How soon, or late, should I get an employment letter from my company. I want to do this soon given the market changes..

Please advice..

Thanks!

Jonny: Its ok if you get the employment letter now. I think it should not be older than 6 months. But in your case, get it now. It will absolutely ok.

Comment

My lawyer told me that it should be dated the same month as the interview.
      If it is older then they may ask for recent pay stubs to verify.

Comment

I'm going for an interview next month and have already got the letter end -Feb. I dont think there is any problem in that. Whether or not the letter is dated the same month or no, we stil have to carry all rate stubs/w2s etc.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, this letter is the one that shows the company offering employment to you on the basis of your GC being approved. So where is the question of paystubs and such. Paystubs etc are to prove that you were employed by the same company on a different visa (H1) than what they are sponsoring you for (GC). I got my emploment letter in Feb. It states that I am being employed as such and such (as stated in the I-140) and looking forward to joing them on stamping of the visa. Any comments?

Comment

Actually, my concern is the job description in the letter. I maybe moving to a new role which might deviate from the job descirption on file. SO, if I get the letter now, Id still be faitful to the original description. Once I get the letter, I can move on, while still waiting on my CP..

ANy comments..

Comment

employment letter

Well, let me clarify. The employment letter I am refering to is the one that ensures your employment after you get the GC. NOT the current employment status letter. The job description in that should be the same as in the I-140. If you are not sure what went into the I-140, do as my friend did. His attorney just suggested the following line in the letter. "You are hereby employed as per the title and description mentioned in the I140 filed with immigration authorities". He got his GC.

So let me ask everybody this question. The employment letter that we have to get notarized is the current employment status letter or the offer of employment based on the sponsorship???

Comment

The employment letter does not have to do with current employment. The "future" job title and job description have to be the same as that in the Labor cert. And the letter has to state that the job is available to you "after" you get your employment. It is an offer of employment.

Comment

So, infact there is just one letter. The one you take with your packet 4 when you go for the interview. The purpose and content of this letter as shown on this website:

letter to show at the interview. Take one copy for yourself and one copy for each of your dependents. Some consulates don't accept I-134 for supporting your dependents.

Employment letter should

Reaffirm that the job offered in the approved preference petition is still open and available to you as soon as you immigrate.

Confirm the current salary, not the labor certificate salary.

Give a description of the job offered to the alien and explanation of skills which qualify the alien for the position.

Indicate start date, job title

This letter must be notarized in US with a notary public.

All in favor, say yea!

Comment

I have a related issue, I have recently submitted I-140, my cuurent job title is "senior suprvisor", it is the same job title used for my LC application. I may be promoted soon to a managers position. How does this effect my immigration process? Thanks for any help in this regard.

Comment

Employment letter validity

As one who saw the info on packet 4 issued for a Feb interview, I can tell you that they have mentioned that the employment letter must NOT be older than 1 year.... Yessir, ONE year.

Comment

one year! thats good.

Haq,

Ideally you are better off not straying from the original job description and title. But you maybe OK if you stray from the title, but are within the description.

My situation is that, my packet 3 is in. Im waiting on packet 4 and an appt date. Im thinking if I get the letter in now, as part of compiling the p4 docs, I might be OK to move on to the next role.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X