Can We get / send Packet 3 without Waiting for NVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We get / send Packet 3 without Waiting for NVC

Is there a way to get the Packet 3 , fill it and send it to Mumbai for CP while NVC is processing our case. (in a situation where, i-140 approval is already submitted to NVC and date is current ).
    Can someone please guide how to avoid delays by lawyers and all in mailing packets and all wait time ofcourse.

hrithikcp :
    Yes, you can send pkt.3 yourself before receiving NVC's pkt.3 but make sure of the following before you do that:

1) NVC has recd. your case and you have a case no. Get the case no. from NVC since you will need that while following up with the consulate.
    2) After you find out that NVC has sent you pkt.3 to you and your case to the Consulate, then give it 7-10 days and call up the consulate. Only after the consulate tells you that they have recd. your case from NVC, only then go ahead and send in your pkt.3.

You can download all the pkt.3 forms from NVC website itself and keep everything ready to send to the consulate.
    Thanks!

Comment

If the consulate has alreaady recieved your case, you can send the forms yourself. No need to send it through your lawyer. And check after a few weeks if the consulate has recd. your forms.

Comment

Can We get / send Packet 3 without Waiting for NVC

Thanks! guys,

One more thing, now that i have recieved my I-140 and it is written the they have sent the approval to NVC, what i should do is just call up again and again to NVC and ask them if they got my approval and check if my case is prepared , is this correct ?
        Also, i plan to do things myself and not lawyer, coz. he is creating all kinds of delays.
        So, in this scenario, does anyone know, what all originals (approvals ) should i ask the lawyer to send me , which i will surely need to go further on this.

Also, is there a way to appoint a new lawyer and what should i get from my old lawyer ?

thanks! guys, u r all extremely usefull.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

hrithikcp

Yes, now you have to follow-up with NVC regarding your case.Call and get your case no. since this will be the same no. that you will need to follow up with the consulate.

You can fill-up pkt.3 yourself and send it to the consulate. You will need all copies of your H1s approvals, I-140s etc.

Also, you dont need to appoint an attorney. I did this whole last step by myself. Have got an interview next month. So dont worry. Just make sure you have all your forms properly filled out for pkt.3 and send it in.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi,

Can you clarify something here?? You say that you need all copies of I-140. Doesn't the NVC send I-140 to the consulate?? Also, in my case, I don't have a copy of I-140 as my company will not give one to me.

Comment

raora: on this very site, immihelps says to take all H1 approals, I-140s etc. I dont know if you HAVE to or it is good to. Why will your company not give it to you? Anyway, as I said, I am not sure if you have to.

If someone else can clarify this, that would be great.

Comment

Can We get / send Packet 3 without Waiting for NV

Thanks! bd850,

U r doing a great help.

I will keep asking questions once i get my case no from NVC. But, is it true that while sending Packet 3 , we need to send just copies (some of them notarized ). Only, during interview we need all originals. Correct ?

Thanks! again .

Comment

Re: Can We get / send Packet 3 without Waiting for NV

hrithikcp; most welcome. And no you dont have to send any copies, with pkt. 3. Just send forms OF230 Part I for each family member and OF 169 per family. Nothing else.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X