Delhi people, please post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delhi people, please post

If any of you have Delhi, April interviews scheduled, please post. It will be helpful for people like me to plan ahead and buy air tickets etc. The Delhi Consulate guy on phone told me to expect it in April 2nd week. Posting of Robbinson in "NVC to Delhi Tracker" is suggesting otherwise. But we don't have enough data to find pattern yet.
    Thanks,
    LongTimer

It depend on what address you have written in P3. If you have given India's local address, your interview will be in April otherwise in May ....

Comment

Is it that very few people go for CP at Delhi or is it that they just do not want to share information?

My case Info:

category: EB3
      PD: March 2001
      I140 approved: Dec 18th, 2001
      NVC recd. case from INS: Jan 8th, 2001
      NVC created packet3: Jan 30th, 2001
      NVC sent out packet3: Feb 13th, 2001
      Attorney recd. packet3: Feb 19th, 2001

Case not entered into Delhi Embassy computer system as of a Feb 26th.

Have a question: My attorney did not want to go via CP even though I asked her to do so. Now does she have to send packet3 forms to consulate or can I send those myself?

Comment

There are lot of passive delhi readers who just want to know what other are doing but they don't want to share what they are doing.

Comment

What I have understood is as follows:
          If case is new at NVC, i.e. P3 is not yet created, one has the option of writing to them that U will be doing CP without lawyer representation. But in ur case, lawyer has already received the pkt3, now lawyer has to send it. I believe that a blue form (lawyer's representation of case)is there that lawyers send with pkt3. My guess is, ur lawyer will have to send the pkt3. That will be more neat to do.

Comment

What if someone does not want the lawyer to handle the case anymore after recieving packet3? Anyone with similar experience?

Comment

Consulate entered my case on Feb8th. Around Feb 16th we called when the guy said we may expect April 2nd week interview.
              EB3, P.D Feb 97
              I-140 approved Nov2000
              P3 received by lawyer (New York City)Jan 18,2001
              P3 received and entered by Delhi consulate Feb8,2001.

In my cover letter with P3, I think P3 has both addresses.
              Now what? Any ideas? When will we know earliest of the interview date?

Lot of questions going on here!!

Comment

For caseyC3

Looks like your PD is not current unless you are using you are in EB2.
                You can download P3 from the web site and write down the case number and sent it to consulate.
                Make sure they have your case and your PD is current then sent it to them.

Comment

Please correct me if I am wrong.

LongTimer,

Now you will receive forms(packet4 or something) and interview date from the consulate. But you will get it very close to your interview date. If the guy at embassy said April 2nd week, he is giving you approximate date. You might want to look for travel arrangements around that time now because it will cost you more at the last moment.

Comment

Re: For caseyC3

Yes srinagesh, I know that my PD is not current but NVC sent the packet3 to me ( my lawyer recd it and gave it to me) and to the consulate in Delhi.

Anyone else with similar case???

Comment

U R right, but few postings are giving me an indication that there is some chance that it is pushed out to May. Before interview date also, we need one week to get over jet lag, vaccinations, medicals and reports thereof.
                      I think, I should try and get on the phone with consulate if dates are available now. Otherwise also, they will have better idea now as they must have received all applications for April.
                      I will post whatever I find.
                      Thnx

Comment

Info

CaseyC3:
                        Please see my and other Delhi cases on the thread NVC-ND tracker started by detroitguy. I guess what you are saying is also true. Delhi/UP walla tarika kafi log apna rahein hain apna kaam ho gaya to phir ye post wost kya karna :-)
                        Check out our details.We will all also hopefully post our interview dates as they become known. What to do after that , medicals etc have also been posted in detail by some good samaritans out to help us all get thru this shitty crappy red-tape process.
                        Join the DElhi tamasha!

Comment

Re: Info

Few people when called Delhi Consulate, usually got responded rudely.
                          They were told to call after 15 days (those who called around March 1).
                          One person was told to call by end of March, (He is expecting April interview as per prior phone call).
                          One person is now told to expect interview in may although his Pkt3 was received in January and has all clearance of forms etc.

I think there is no pride in "Yeh Dilli meri shaan".

Comment

Re: Info

That is very true. I spoke with some desi female in imm. visa section and before I could tell her anything, she said "You just called a few minutes ago, didn't you? You are in some category, some EB". I said yes, I am in EB3 categor but ...I was interuptted here. "So what do you want now?" I said "I am calling for the first time and in my previous attempts, I got the answering machine". Then, she immediatly said "That was not me, it was the machine". Then I gave her my case number and immediately she said "we have not recd. it , it takes about 2 months after the case is sent by NVC to the consulate". and hung up. "dilli ke pani mein kuch hai kya?". Nothing personal against anyone from Delhi.

Comment

tried from India too :---(

I had a friend in Delhi to call consulate for me as its difficult to be up in middle on night everyday to try consulate numbers. He tried 2 days continuously between 2-4 PM IST but no one picked the phone.
                              He thinks either they are now avoiding the phone calls big time (little understandable) or the phone is out (less likely). But that doesn't authorize them to be rude. if they have so much telephone volume, why not upgrade their system to handle email enquiries and web based status info.

Delhi is one consulate that is so backward (non-techy) and has so much of attitude.
                              I have lived all my life in Delhi until I came to US, and it has always been like this. NO IMPROVEMENT.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X