Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed Appointment

Ahhhh..
    Missed appointment for E2 category Consular Processing at Chennai On Jan 18th 2001. How long does it take to get a new appointment ? We applied for a reschedule right away.
    Thanks

Oops,

How did you miss it !. You had more important things then this !!.

I am sorry I do not have any info on this, but
    Please do post your experience, it is helpfull to lot of people.
    How did you ask for reschudle ? what did they say ?

Thanks
    gvc

Comment

Please follow up and make sure that they recieved you reschedule request as the consulate is very slow regarding reappoinyments. Normally if they put you back in the cycle it takes around 2 to 21/2 months for a new appointement if you are lucky. But follow up is very important.

Comment

Oops indeed !

Missed on account of a few things, I think that people should note:

1. The Department of State form OF169 states that a police certificate is needed only if the person resided in a foreign country for MORE than 1 yr APART from the current country of residence and the home country, for which it is 6 mts; But the consulates put the above mentioned 1 yr. at 6 mts. (Read the form carefully).... So I decided not to go and wait for my certificate from Italy just to be sure;

2. Request for the a re-schedule was requested on the 18th Jan through fax / email / FedEx. Reason given was non availability of time to travel to India.
        (my appointment snail mail was postmarked 9th Jan)

3. Consulate sent email back on Feb 2nd stating that the letter to re-schedule had been recieved and that the consulate will request a new 'Visa Number' from the DOS for my application. [I talked to a friend in the DOS and she told me that IV visa numbers are approved by date and number here in the US and then given to the consulates. If the consulate misses to give that visa during the month, the visa # no longer valid]..

They also mentioned that since the processing had already begun for appointments in March, it will be requested for April. They were very nice.

4. Called on the 13th of March, the lady was very helpful (she even was like.. you should not missing appointments, it is not good for you ! and rambled about how hot it was in summer ... ) and she gave me the appointment date !

thats it..

Wish me luck !
        -vz

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X