Birth certificate -- No name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth certificate -- No name

The BC, I received from my birth place, does not have my name on it. Obviously my parents did not inform my name to the concern authorities after returning from hospital. Does an affidavit from my parents and one of my uncle suffice the requirements of consulate during CP interview?

Please respond if any of you had similar situation and advise me how you managed to convince during interview.

Thanks

DPV

same situation

I have the same situation - have a birth certificate without name. I have posted a question on March 5th titled yet another birth certificare question.

In short, I have obtained an affidavit from my parents, mentioning my name and cross-referencing the birth cert. I haven't completed my interview, so I don' know if it is sufficient. As another supporting doc I have my transfer certificate from University, which some people say has value!

If you found any info, please post.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: same situation

Please check the FAQ and you will find that you need to obtain a notarized affidavit from either of your parents if any of the details on your birth/marriage certificates are missing.

Here is the relevant quote:

My birth/marriage was never registered. What do I do now?

In cases where birth or marriage certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information, a sworn statement executed by either the parents of the applicant, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, all of whom must have personal knowledge of the birth or marriage, may be submitted. The affidavit should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, how the deponent comes to know about the facts to which he or she is swearing, date and place of applicant's birth or marriage, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth or marriage certificate is unavailable, must be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the birth or marriage certificate does not exist or no longer exists. Additionally, proof of relationship such as medical, financial or school records may also be required at the discretion of the consular officer.

Comment

Re: same situation

krb, thankx for trying to help. Non-availability is different from an available birth certificate without name.

I confirmed with Ron if what I had done will be acceptable (pls check my earlier posting in this thread). He said that will work.

Good luck all!

Comment

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the information.

Comment

read https://www.immihelp.com/birth-certi...ion-and-visas/
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X