RCMP police cert for Chennai CP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCMP police cert for Chennai CP

I read somewhere on this site that only a named based background check from RCMP / Canada is required for CP in Chennai. I have started my finger print based search eariler, but it may not be complete by the time I have to leave for the interview.
    Is the information on name based search still current or can I refer to this in travel.state.gov or any of the consulate sites?

Thanks in advance!

RCMP police cert for Chennai CP

I think you have a name based search if you present yourself at the RCMP offices and a finger frint based search if you cannot go there.

One person posted in this site saying that he had to go back to CP at Chennai again as he did not have PC from Hong Kong. So, if you do not get the PC in time, perhaps it is worth considering the daytrip to Canada rather than one more trip to India.

I had a RCMP certificate too in my CP documents. Did they actually verify it at Chennai?...I do not know.

Comment

thanks for the answer...one more..

Hi loveall,
      Thanks for your response and for the detailed experience you posted about your CP.

I am currently in Canada and I have obtained a name search PC as a back-up already. Having said that, if I don't receive my finger print based PC before I leave, I am hoping I can still go for the interview and take a chance.

If some one has any info confirming that finger print based PC is mandatory from Canada for Chennai, please post a reply.

Thanks.

Comment

RCMP PCC

I think you are all set. It is only RCMP procedure on how to issue a PCC based on whether a person presents himself or not.

Comment

I think I have the correct answer for this one. Ron @#%$ says that if you are going for consular interview OUTSIDE Canada, then a name based search is fine.

BTW, I checked with RCMP and my finger prints are on their way. I will recevie them before I leave.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X