No announcement yet.

Discrepency in my wife's documents !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discrepency in my wife's documents !!!!

I am the primary applicant for GC through CP (Employment based). If at the time of the interview there is some discrepancy found with the documents (say birth certificate etc) of my wife, will they continue with my interview or will ask us to come back again together? Can they ask my wife to come for the interview at a separate date ?

Is it that one document says one thing (e.g. date X) and a second says another (date Y)?
    If this is the case, then unless this is central to your claims (she is not your wife), then this is probably a mistake done by one of the issuers. Maybe you can correct the mistake and get a new document. If not, then it is still understandable that mistakes can happen.

Or is it that YOU filled out one thing (say on form OF-230) and birth certificate says another?
    That is more dangerous. You have to show that this was an honest mistake (maybe blame the attorney). It will help if this is not important to your claims, so you have nothing to gain by this.

Maybe someone else knows how it may develop.

Comment

With my question what i wanted to ask was that suppose at the time of interview.the documents of my wife are not complete for example say she doesnot have her birth certificate and is not able to get a non availability certificate either,but i have all the documents that are needed and all other documents including marraige certificate etc. are all in order then will my Greencard go through?and they will ask my wife to get back with her BC OR will both our greencard process be stalled and postponed till she gets her BC? I hope my question is clear?

Comment

I have the same exact question - hope somebody can answer it, my interview is in 3 weeks

Comment

it will depend upon what exactly the discrepency is. there are ways to correct it (but you have to know what exactly is the problem).

you have to get either a birth certificate or non-availabitly certificate and two affidavits. there is no way around it.

Comment

It seems i am not able to get my question clearely to u all.I know that there is no way other than arranging a birth certificate or a non availibility certificate along with 2 affidavits... but my question was that in the event of my wife not being able to produce the above will my GC be affected( me being the primary applicant)?Right now i am not talking about her GC

Comment

most probably not. (but you are better off talking with consulate itself).

they will give you/your wife blue sheet and ask your wife to come back with appropriate documents at the later date.

however, did you send packet 3 yet ? In form OF-169 you specifically have to check mark that you do have birth ceritificates/affidavites in your possession.

If you have signed that and at the time of the interview you say you don't have documents - they might be really pissed. and may ask you to come back again too.

Comment

As I said earlier, I may be in a similar situation, what is the blue form you mentioned,do you have to make an appointment to go back with it or is it walk in anytime ??

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X