URGENT: Loosing my employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT: Loosing my employment

I am about to loose my employment in 2 months and my CP case was sent to the consulate, I estimate I would get one in 4 months.

Will I loose the green card as a result? Is there anything to protect me or help me in my situation?

I'm so sorry to hear that. Can you request your co. to pls. keep you till your CP? Thats the only hope you have. Will they at least support you and give you your letter for the interview etc?

What is your consulate and if your case is already with the consulate why will it take 4 months?

Comment

I agree with bd850. My boss was in the sam situation many many years ago and he pleaded with his company to atleast keep him on the rolls till he got his GC. You outght to try it. Some kind of creative bargaining may help. Good luck.

Sri

Comment

Hi,

In addition to what people have said above here is
        a backup option,

(a) Keep all teh documents required for ur interview
        ready
        (b) Specifically get a notarised employment letter
        Since u are still an employee, it shouldnot be
        an issue at all
        (c) If they are not able to keep u on the rolls
        before the interview is scheduled, tell them
        that u want a leave of absence. Leave US, attend
        ur CP interview and then get back to the US.

Tell the consular that u are on vacation and all
        the bases are covered .

Spatel

Comment

So sad

Abu,
          So sad to hear this news. Try to convince your employer to keep you in their payroll even though you would not be paid(though it is hard to convince and for them it is hard to help). Ask them to keep you on bench or vacation till 4 months without pay. getthe employment letter after 1 month(if possible now) and go back to your country to get the GC

Good luck Abu

Meenu

Comment

Employment letter

Abu,

If you can, get the notarised employment letter right away. After all it is valid for one year and the criteria in the interview is this letter, not if you are on company's rolls currently. Packet 4 mentions that the notarised employment letter should not be dated beyond a year at the time of interview.

Comment

Re: Employment letter

Please do not do anything that Abu recommends because when you enter the country after the CP on the immigrant visa, you have to take an oath and sign an affidavit that says you will join the employer. The other route is to see if you can quickly get your interview done in Mexico

Comment

Sad to hear whats happening. Here is what you should do.

First and most important thing is to get the Employment letter. As this will be the most difficult thing to get them to do as They are laying you off so.

Anything else like staying on paryroll- leave with ut pay etc help. But without the Letter you will be sunk. Explain to them that they don't have to hire you its only an Offer Letter.

Comment

Good news

Thanks to help from friends at my sponsoring company, I was able to
                  retain a position, in the same group. I was notified late today by my new manager of the approval.

Though my previous manager (a director) was laid-off,
                  together with most of my former team, a sibling team's
                  managers heard my plead for help.
                  It turns out they were not aware of my situation thinking I would enjoy the severance package.

My new responsibilities would be very similar to the
                  old, and there will be no change of work address (except for mail-stop).

This were one of the most stressful couple of days of my life. US does not fully realize the sacrifice we immigrants have to bear to come here.

Comment

Re: Good news

Congratulations Abu. This is truly good news. We are all very happy for you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X