• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumbai - March Interview - Pkt 4 Recvd@US address

Update:
    -----------
    Interview @ Mumbai: March 28, 2001.
    Received Pkt 4: At US address today (2/22/01). The envelope belongs to American Consulate General, Mumbai. But, it was mailed from VA on Feb 20, 2001. Has local postage stamp on it. This proves the theory that Mumbai consulate transfers mail via diplomatic pouch/courier to some office in VA for local US mailing.

My case details:

Category: EB2 - Regular CP
    Consulate: Mumbai
    I-140 Approval Date: 11/09/00
    NVC Received File from VSC: 11/24/00
    NVC Case Created: 12/15/00
    NVC Created Packet 3: 12/25/00
    NVC Packet 3 Sent: 1/4/01 (NVC system says 12/25/00 which is incorrect)
    NVC Sent Case to Consulate: 1/4/01 (NVC system says 12/25/00 which is incorrect)
    Mumbai received case from NVC: Yes. Confirmed on 1/22/01
    Hand delivered Packet 3 @ Mumbai: 1/22/01
    Interview date: March 28, 2001.

HTH,
    Amitabh.

Mumbai - March Interview - Pkt 4 Recvd@US address

Hi Amitabh,

First of all, congrats on your getting the interview date and all the best for your interview.

I plan to hand deliver packet III at Mumbai next month, so could you tell me what all documents did you submit in addition to OF-230 Part I and OF-169.

Since NVC is also transferring my case to Mumbai, I was kind of wondering as to what else would I need to submit with the packet 3 form?

Thanks in advance,

niks

Comment

niks2000

Q. I plan to hand deliver packet III at Mumbai next month, so could you tell me what all documents did you submit in addition to OF-230 Part I and OF-169.
      A. OF 230 Part I for yourself (Primary Applicant) + One OF 230 Part II each for yourself, spouse & non-US citizen kids (if any). No other documents are required.

Q. Since NVC is also transferring my case to Mumbai, I was kind of wondering as to what else would I need to submit with the packet 3 form?
      A. Same as above. No other documents required. I suggest, you wait until Mumbai receives your case from NVC. Dig through other threads and you will get almost all of your questions answered.

HTH,
      Amitabh.

Comment

Amitabh

I think you mean that you submited OF-169 for yourself and OF-230 Part-I each for yourself, spouse & kids (if any) and not OF-230 Part-II since that is to be submitted for packet IV.

I realize that I am sounding repititive, but do we need any covering letter stating our case no. & details when we submit this packet?

Thanks Again,

niks

Comment

Oops!!

niks2000,

U r right. It is OF-169 for self + One OF 230 Part I each for dependants.

If you are planning to hand deliver, you don't need a cover letter. I had one and they tore it off and returned it back to me. Guess it dosen't hurt to have one in case the individual at the window prefers it.

Sorry for the mixup.

-Amitabh.

Comment

for amitabh

one more stupid question:

if they do not require a cover letter and if none of the packet III forms mention the case number, then how do they link up the packet to the right case?

niks

Comment

niks2000

The case number is to be mentioned on the OF-169 (where you sign). You can obtain the number from NVC.

-Amitabh.

Comment

Inetrview Papers

Amitabh,

Could you tell me if you are taking all papers filed during labor & I-140 for your interview?

Thanks,

niks

Comment

niks2000

Yes, I am planning to take a copy. It falls under the "nice to have" category.

-Amitabh.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X