Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccinations Where to do?

Hi guys,
    Since I would like to do CP at Mumbai and have planned to do my medicals in Hinduja etc in future.

I have a question :

1. Since I don't want to do the vaccinations in Mumbai during my medicals(fear of falling sick due to fever), I would liek to do here and take the vaccination reports to Mumbai for my medicals. I would like to know if the vaccinations can be done in normal PHCS hospitals/ doctors which comes under my company provided health insurance or I have to go to the INS authorised doctors for this simple vaccinations?
    2. Can I do my medicals here in USA and take the medical reports to the Mumbai consulate?

Has anybody done like this

Thanks for the help

Meenu

You can have your vaccinations done by your primary care physician or by the local department of public health.
    Vaccinations are covered by most managed care programs if you have medical care coverage from your employer.

You should ask your physician to record your vaccinations
    on the official Immunization Record Certificate issued by your state.

The medical exam can only be completed in India, although
    you may want to have your US physician do a pre-check before you leave the country, so you can be cured of any potential problems before you go to India.

Good luck!

Comment

Vaccinations Where to do?

1. You can do vaccination with any physician.
      2. It it preferable to do with an INS approved clinic as they have a list of vaccinations & they routinely do this for people who are filing AOS applications.
      3. Note your standard medical insurance DOES NOT COVER these IMMIGRATION VACCINATIONS ( You have to pay out of your own pocket).
      4. You CANNOT DO YOU PHYSICAL for CP anywhere but at the local consular post by the consulate certified physicians ( in your case Mumbai -- don't waste you money doing them here).

The above are not here say stuff but my personal experiences. I had repeated some of these because I was originally intending to file for AOS but finally did CP.

Comment

Vaccination...

Xkuger,
        Could you please give the list of vaccination reqd!! at Chennai consulte,
        I was also planning to file 485 and then doing CP!!
        So I already had my medicals and vaccinations done for the 485 from INS certified physicain. So I thought I can use those vaccination records(MMR, TB skin test and varcille(i think)) in Chennai.
        Now I am wondering what else have to be taken here before going to India.
        PLEASE can you share your experiance.
        Also can we use the photos taken for 485 in CP at Chennai.
        Any suggestions are appreciated!!
        Expecting an interview date from Chennai probalble April.

Thanks in advance...
        Lakshmi.

Comment

Several of my friends and I have had our immigration
          vaccinations covered by our medical plans including
          Blue Cross/Blue Shield and United Healthcare as the shots were given by physicians within the plan network, so you probably want to check with your provider about coverage.

Comment

vaccinations

if u have already gone through ur medicals for AOS, just take that form ur docter completed which was in a sealed envelope to the docter in Chennai. He will not give any more vaccinations. He will just do the physical checkup and include that completed form in his report. This was my experience with Dr RajKumar in Chennai.

HTH
            RM

Comment

Vaccination...

Thanks for your reply RM,
              So I think I don't have to take any vaccinations here if I have that sealed cover from a INS certified doctor.
              How was your experiance with Dr.RajKumar,
              Did you take an appointment from here?
              How much did it cost you?
              Photgraphs good one where??(I have 4 copies from here)
              I think 4 +2 copies are reqd.
              What is Surma/Lister??
              Do we have to go to Surima/Lister before going to him?

Thanks in advance for your reply..
              Lakshmi

Comment

vaccinations

I heard some people fall sick for 2-3 days immidiately after vaccinations . Does anybody has experience like this before?

Comment

Vaccinations Where to do?

Response to Laxmi:

1. All the vaccination that you have taken here for 485 is the only ones you need for CP, so you do not have to take any new ones ( I did the same and didn't need any new ones).

2. Note as you are not filing AOS you can go ahead and open the envelpe. All it has is the medical form & a prof of vaccinations you have been administered. You can use the proof of vaccinations to waive the vaccinations at Chennai.

3. When you do CP, you are expected to do you medical test at CHENNAI ONLY. ( Read about the process here at immihelp.com )

4. Lister is the Lab that does blood work & Surima medical center is one of the clinics that does physical for CP. ( Read details at immihelp.com)

5. The immigration photos that you have taken here are fine (side view). You also need passport photos ( for medical form).

6. Yes it is true you feel feaverish after the vaccinations.

Comment

Thanks!

Xkuger,
                    Thank you for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X