CP in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP in London

If you need any info, you can ask me. I have recently done this and had no problems whatsoever

Please acan you tell me how long it was after you sent your Pkt 3 to the consulate before they gave an interview.
    I also had a question about birth certificates for persons born in India.
    If you are from India there is a point in asking the question otherwise not.
    Please let me know if you are from India and then I can ask the question.

Thank you

Comment

After the packet3 was sent in late Oct00, I had not heard from them till early Jan so I decided to call them and after a long list of phone numbers finally some receptionist took my case number LND200.... and informed me that I had not been given a date yet and I should expect something in Feb. I convinced here that my wife being pregnant will not be able to make that date. This triggered off a lot of activity at their end. An immigration officer sent a mail to my lawyer saying that we have decided to call this case early and got a date late Jan.

The documents that they need are definately the Packet4 that informs you of your interview date and time and some forms
      The police certificates
      The birth certificates in English
      The marriage certificates
      The employment letter

You should make Xerox copies and take them with you so they can hand you back the originals. The people in the consulate are extremely friendly and helpful so don't worry about anything.

Get the birth certificates from india but if you don't, you can get an affidavit. Since I had the birth certificates in english, I have no clue on the affidavit but I guess this discussion board will have some info on that..Hope this helps you if not ask more questions

Comment

Hi,
        Congratulation,
        I have one question for you,

Do you need to have the original I140 approval notice with you when going for the interview ??
        Or you just need a copy of it ?

My Lawyer is saying I don't need the I140 approval notice (neither the original nor the copy) in the interview as the consulate is supposed to have it already.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I didnot have one

I didnot have my I-140 approval notice when I went for my CP in Chennai. Neither did they ask for it...

RM

Comment

Birth Certificates from India

Thanks for the response, you touched on the BC question, in my case the person is born in 1958 well before the 1970 BC registration requirements and the person has no BC but we have the parents affadavits, and followed the requirements in the Packet 3 from London Consulate. Everything was clear but I read about the non availability cert issue that everyone going for CP in Indian Consulates talks about and I get very nervous.
            Did you provide affadavits or did you have a proper BC, did you get a non avaialbility cert ?
            Bearing in mind the people you dealt with at the Consulate is their any cause to worry do you think.
            Really apprecaite your comments on this as you have just been through the London Consulate.

Thanks

Comment

Re: Birth Certificates from India

I had proper birth certificates but affidavits are sufficient, in any case the people in the London consulate are extremely friendly so don't worry.

As for the other question on copies of I140, I did not have my copy the only documents required are the ones I have previously mentioned

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X