Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OF-169 problem..Urgent Don't just skim through.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OF-169 problem..Urgent Don't just skim through.

Hi,
    I have a doubt in OF-169 form. I am still in doubt if I can get the Birth Certificate or Non-avilabilty certificate. The magistrate and the concerned authroty just refuse do provide me one saying that there is no rule or law to provide a birth certificate if a person is born in between 65 to 69. Being here in USA, I can not digest this issue. My friends born in this year range has got their BC after registering and finally their GC. No problem at all. But to my surprise I could not get a non-availabilty certificate also. I also offered them a hefty amount in bribe, but that did not help as they are hell bent to get an orde rfrom high court. So my relatives have filed case in high court to make it a law as if there is no law.

Moreover my attorney has checked both the Birth Certificate and Nonavailabilty certificate check boxes. When I asked her she advised me that it is by default to be checked for Non availabilty, Police certificate, Affidavit of Support, Translation etc.

I don't know what should I do now.

Please help me in this

Meenu

Meenu,

According to the supplement to OF 169, "Not Found" or "Not traceable" i.e. non-availability certificates WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

You can get an affidavit each from your parents or surviving parent or next closest relative who must swear to the affidavit before a magistrate, (I think I read a previous message that mentioned Notary also). It can be any magistrate/notary and not necessarily the guy who's giving you a hard time.

The affidavit should indicate
    1. that the applicant's birth was not registered
    2. the full maiden name of mother of applicant
    3. the full name of father of the applicant
    4. date of applicant's birth
    5. place of applicant's birth

Forget about trying for the non-availability certificates. Good luck and relax.......

Sri

Comment

in continuation to the previous message.........

With the afore said affidavit(s) you will have to take along other documents like school certificates or any other evidences that concern your birth.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply. I really appreciate for your help.

But may I know or do you have any information if anybody has done this before and got thru the CP interview at Mumbai

2 Affidavits and school certificate

Thanks

Meenu

Comment

I haven't got any info on anybody else doing it but I found something else that may help...... it's from Mumbai

SUPPLEMENT TO OPTIONAL FORM 169.(From Mumbai)

Record of Birth

(c) A birth affidavit on Rs. 5/- stamp paper must be sworn before a First Class Magistrate by either of your parents giving the names of both parents, child's name, place of birth and date of birth. If both parents are deceased or physically incapable, an elderly close relative who has known you personally, and preferably who was present at the time of your birth may execute the affidavit.

Sri

Comment

Can you let me know the site address so that I can keep a prrof? Did they mention to show the proof of the School Leaving Ceritficate?

Comment

I picked the stuff of this site itself.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X