Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To rmalghan or Ravi--Please read inside

rmalghan - Please help me - DOB discrepancy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi rmalghan,
    Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. I am also having the same problem. There is a 32 days
    diffence between DOB certificate and other documents. Night and day, I am worrying about this problem, since I have kids going to college. I am going through I-485. I have spent thounds of rupees to correct the DOB in passport in India by obtaining a court order. But still it is in the very infant stage of filing the suit. It is not going to happen anytime soon. My I-485 application is currently under review. Anytime I may get a RFE from INS regarding this discrepancy. Atleast now, I can be ready with the affidavits. Will you mind sharing the format of the affidavit?

Thank you very much
    Mogaram

Are U still visiting this board?

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Mogaram

Comment

Just a suggestion..

My suggestion to you is to use ONLY one date that you have used for MOST of the places and then act on correcting the incorrect dates. Then obtain an affidavit from your parents. It is not necessary to change the date at every place but ONLY at the required palce.

Affidavit format is available on this web site. Any lawyer in India knows too.

Do not worry about changing DOB on passport. Just change the DOB on the Birth Certificate. Be frank and open to tell the truth when dealing with INS. You are likely to get thru just by affidavit. Do not worry too much.

I can understand the painful way of obtaining or correcting a document and getting from India.

Disclaimerr :Use this advise at your own discretion.

Comment

DOB and affidavit

mogaram: Just use the one you have used everywhere as ur DOB. Get ur BC(I am assuming this has the wrong date). Get an affidavit from ur father on a 10Rs stamp paper which states that ur actual date is XYZ but the DOB on the the BC is incorrect. Let me know what ur e-mail ID is, I will send u the exact format I used. They will not ask any questions if u have the DOB and the affidavit.
        Donot put efforts to go through court...u know how it works in India.
        U will need two affidavits. I took one from my Dad and one from my Uncle.

HTH
        RM

Comment

Thanks

Hi Ravi,
          Thanks for your help. Please mail your format of the affidavit to the following email address :
          [email protected]
          Since my parents are no more, I will get the affidavits from my elder brother who is 18 years older than me and my uncle who is 12 years older than me.

Thanks again for your help.

Mogaram

Comment

Thanks

Hi Needgc,
            I do not have any records to support my correct DOB other than Pasport, SSLC book and DOB certificate. DOB in my school certificate and passport are same but birth certificate is different. Nobody knows what is my correct DOB. Since my father (he is no more) had declared and signed the School certificate, I have to rely on the SSLC record and hence the passport date.
            Do you want me to inform the INS the above truth, if they ask me for the affidavit to correct DOB in birth certificate?

Thanks.

Mogaram.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X