Mumbai recd. my case from NVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumbai recd. my case from NVC

Called up Bombay consulate last night and they confirmed that our case reached them on 30th December itself! (NVC recording says the same thing)
    What is a bit confusing is the lady asked us if we had sent in our pkt. 3 and we told her that we still hadn't recd. it from NVC, so she said, "I will send you a duplicate pkt? Does Mumbai also send out pkt.3?
    In any case I will be sending out pkt. 3 within the next couple of days. Not waiting for attorney to receive it, since our attorney has told us that even if he gets pkt. 3 he does not have the time right now. Hence, his turn around time will be at least 1 month...
    Thanks

If Mumbai consulate has ur case then I would say U should send packet 3 urself using fillable forms at immihelp site. It is very simple to send pkt 3. Not much is required. Just follow the instructions and U should have filled everything neatly, correctly. For these lawyers U R just a case and they get money from ur company anyway. Its ultimately us who suffer anxiety and stress 'coz of these otherwise avoidable delays.
    I am just sharing viewpoint. I would have sent pkt3 by crossing the lawyer given my PD is current.

Comment

mumbai

Thank you longtimer. I agree with you and thats exactly what I'm doing. Just typed out pkt. 3 .. should FedEx it tomorrow...

Comment

bd850/longtimer, in my case NVC recording says they will send the packet to attorney, So it is NVC or the attornet who send the packet to Bombay consulate. Because, my attorney is saying even if my case is CP, he is filing AOS as my company does not allow CP. Do I need any paperwork from attorney to go for CP? I have courtesy copy(which INS sends) of 140 approval.
        Thank you in advance.

Comment

NVC

dighe.. usually NVC will send the pkt. 3 forms to the attorney. In my case, though NVC sent out pkt. 3 to my attorney he still hasn't recd. it, In the meantime, Mumbai recd. our case from NVC. So I went ahead and downloaded the pkt.3 forms and I sent them in to Mumbai today myself. Attorney is not very co-operative so didn't wait for him to do anything.
          Reg. your case.. talk to NVC and see whether your pkt.3 has been sent out.
          dont rely on the voicemail.

Comment

phone #s

what is the Mumbai consulate phone #?
            Also how can I talk to an NVC operator?
            thanks.

Comment

Phone Number

Mumbai Embassay - 3637407/3637408
              NVC - 603 334-0700
              If you want to speak to NVC operator then press this numbers- 2-2-3-1-2-1-111111#.
              The idea is this will get up to your case number then type wrong case number.

Comment

I have another posting in the same section (CP) titled "Without lawyer after pkt3". I will quote again what operator at NVC told me to do.

She said that if we want pkt 3 and correspondence to be sent directly to us then we need to send the fax mentioning the same. Also stating that we want to do CP at 'consulate name', give proof of permanent address(pages of passport faxed), and case number, copy of I140 aproval etc, US address at which pkt 3, other correspondence is to be sent. All these things to be faxed to the officer (if you call them they will tell you whom to address exactly).
                I did same and next day my case was also created at NVC and message was updated too.

I hope this helps to people who think there could be some risk in crossing the lawyer.

Comment

thanks for the phone #s

i will give it a try.
                  What is the best time to call to Mumbai consulate?
                  Also, is there a different # or extension there to find out if the case has reached Mumbai consulate?

Thanks.

Comment

thanks for the phone #s

Just call any of these nos. and tell the operator that you want to check up whether your file has reached from NVC. They will ask you the case # or your name. And they will let you know the status. I called them up around 4 times and they are very helpful.. Since the weekend is coming up.. call them on Sunday night at around 9.00 or 10.pm. That works well
                    hope this helps..
                    thanks

Comment

Hand delivered Pkt 3 @ Mumbai

Folks,

I just got back yesterday from two weeks of vacation in India. I hand delivered my Pkt 3 at Mumbai consulate "after" confirming that they had received ny case from NVC.

Now, waiting for the interview date.

-Amitabh.

Comment

Got Interview Date ..

Interview: March 28th. Called Mumbai consulate today and obtained the date.

-Amitabh.

Comment

Re: Got Interview Date ..

congrats Amitabh!! Thats great. So I believe its true what one of my friend's told me.. if you get your pkt. into Mumbai's system before the 26th of the Month, you can expect an interview within 60 days.

Great news!
                          All the best.

Comment

bd850 ..

bd850,

Thanks. I was thinking maybe March but surely April. Looks like I barely made it into March. Hmmm, now onto getting the paperwork in place.

Keep us informed about your progress.

Best wishes & Regards,
                            Amitabh.

Comment

Packet III/IV question

Do we have to send original I-140 approval along with either of the packets? Or is the NVC conformation to consulate enough!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X