Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can some one tell me, whether CP is good for me !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can some one tell me, whether CP is good for me !!

I read that CP is also taking long time now a days, and with recent changes in H1 rules(you can switch after 6 montshs), applying for 485 and waiting is better. Is that right.

Here are my questions to experts here:

1. My PD is Oct 2000, I applied I140 in Nov 2000. I need to decided whether to go for CP or 485 before my PD is corrent. One of my(my wifes !) primary concern is that my wife wants 'work permit ASAP'. Through CP we do not get that right. And people are telling CP will be slower soon !. Is that right.

2. Typically how long it takes for CP to get called for interview ?
    3. Risk of lossing GC in CP v/s 485 ?
    4. Is there any limit ( like only xxx number of CP per year etc ) ?
    5. Some body said if you get some problem, we can not enter here again with previous H1B ?

6. Can some one give me advantages & disadvantages of CP.

Thanks in advance..
    gvc.

My friend you may already be too late to choose CP. You have to specify if you want AOS or CP when you file you I140.

As you have already filed your I140 and not specified CP. By default your case will be AOS. I don't know if they are still allowing you to make on the fly change to CP mid course thru I140.

It depends on you service center (VSC/TSC/NSC/CSC).

Comment

Thanks for the reply:

1). Yes, my attorney said he has indicated CP in 140 and he says after 140 you have still choise like this.
      2). I am applying in CSC ( the bad bay area !!)

Thanks
      gvc

Comment

CSC Eeeeeeeeeeee..... All the more reason you should do CP. My opinion a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. New changes are on the way for AOS "Howver they have not materialized yet - reduction in processing time".

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X