Best time to call Delhi Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time to call Delhi Consulate

I know there were some related postings in past and I tried digging them but want to share my experience and learn from other experiences.
    Yesterday night I started calling India (9:15 AM IST) thinking that what the heck, somebody might pick the phone. After trying for 30 minutes when I thought may be its their public dealing time and I should try after 2:00AM IST. I kept trying (2:AM - 3:30AM) but phone was ringing so many times with no response. Then I called the general number 419-8000. A lady picked up and said call between 10 and 11:30AM. Everybody is busy in public dealing. I am trying to understand whats going on. We sent our packet3 two weeks back. We don't even know if our case is created there. LAWYER is as usual SLOPPY and LAZY.

Please share ur experience and tell me what will be my sure shot to call Delhi consulate.

Thanks

Yes, I was also told the same thing some days back. Try to call between 10:00 AM -12:30 AM (IST). The direct phone number for the immigration visa section is 419-8062. It is very painful to contact them but I have been successful in contacting them when I started calling at around 10:00 AM (IST).

Comment

Hi, Finally got to speak to someone at Delhi consulate at 11:30 AM IST. The call was brief and the operator hung up even before I could say thanks. Anyway, I am told that my packet 3 hasn't reached. I mailed it two weeks back. Any experiences about response time for their system updates?

Thanks already. Immihelp is the best one I like.

Comment

Longtimer,

Did you send your packet by FedEX (or other carrier that gave you a tracking number)? If yes, then try to tell them that it was delivered on such and such date. Also confirm if they have received your case from NVC.

Another option is to get it hand delivered by some friend/relative between 2:00 -4:00 PM (IST) on any working day. The advantage here is that your P3 gets into their system right away.

Kau123

Comment

LongTimer,

You should plan on having your Packet3 Hand delivered
          at the US Embassy Delhi, between 2.00 - 4.00 PM
          IST. They are very notorious in losing the P3s if you
          send them by mail.

Before you have your Packet3 hand delivered first
          make sure that your case file has reached the Embassy from NVC. This is to ensure that they know what file
          to associate you P3 with. Otherwise they easily loose
          your P3.

In my experience one of the surest ways of getting
          to talk to someone at Delhi is to call the number
          419-8374 between 3.30 - 4.00 PM IST.

BTW, I got completed my CP@Delhi in Dec'2000.

--
          ValleyDude

Comment

Hi,
            Thanks Valleydude and kau123 for replying. My packet3/case was despatched from NVC on 30th Dec (as per the phone message in NVC in first week of Jan). We finally received it on 18th Jan. We sent Sent pkt3 on 20th myself and lawyer hasn't yet mailed it out(he is to do it soon everytime I call him). I sent by ordinary mail because lawyer was in anyway to send it by UPS.
            I am planning to call on Wednesday and see what happens to send it by hand also. Does it cause any problem if they receive multiple pkt3?
            It will take some time because I will have to first mail it to my parents. Its already soooooo long I have waited for GC, now I kindof lost that impulse.

Anyway Thanks,
            Longtimer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X