Vaccinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccinations

Since I assume it might be dangerous for someone to get so many vaccinations at once, and since some people did get at least some vaccinations, but may not have a record of those, and since some vaccines are done in more than one installments, I am really curious to know how many vaccinations someone can really get on the medical exam.

Even if someone will go to his doctor, or consulate's doctor and ask to make sure he is fully compliant with the list, then:
    * Might be dangerous to get so many in a short period of time.
    * Suppose this someone got several vaccines in the past (with no record), will the doctor (his or the consulate's) be required to check if this person really got those, since applicant may not exactly recall?
    * I think that some vaccines are given in 3 installments, how will this be done?

If you have more info. or underwent this process already, then please share your experience in this matter.
    Thanks.

Vaccinations

My friend you being alive and walking the face of the earth itself is proof that you have had some vaccinations when you were young ( I am yet to come across an "Organic Human being yet")

I am not a doctor and have got all my vaccinations done before the CP and I am still walking fine (So are many others).

So best of luck on your research on the short/long term effects of vaccinations (Green Card Related).

Comment

Vaccination

Abu
      Your concern is understandable. Even if you provide a certificate of immunity, it is acceptable. For this, they will take your blood and give results that you do not have "those" disease.
      You may get some shots, not a bad though.

Comment

Vaccinations

Hi Abu,

I had exactly the same concerns as yours, about the implications of receiving a slew of vaccinations in one shot, no pun here :-) But the consulate always says 'work with the physician to determine what vaccinations you may require....'. So, I am sure the physicians will pretty much agree with the routine vaccinations, but would ask you to take some more recent ones such as Hepatitis B.

XKuger may have taken all the shots, and am I glad to know that all the shots agreed with him ;-)

Comment

Vaccinations

One of the advantages of doing Vaccinations in the US is that when they draw blood, they will check to tell you what vaccination you need ( In India its "You don't have a Vaccination record - Then you need to have this taken".

So in my case I had to take only a couple, as the other were not required ( Presume administed when you were a child).

As I originally planned on AOS, I did my physicals & vaccinations here in the US. Later when I went for CP, I just went to the clinic & got a copy that was accepted at Chennai as sufficient.

So if you think you maybe allergic / have a concern do your vaccinations here & also you can stagger is based on you convenience.

Also you will be suprised that some doctors offices cost thrice as much for vaccinations than others.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X