CP Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP Options?

I had posted this question in I-140 forum, but probably this is the right place for my question

My EB2-RIR labor certification will be cleared within a week or two (So I'm hoping) and thinking of going for CP at the time of I-140 filing stage by indicating it on Part 4 of I-140. I would greatly appreciate if anyone can answer the following questions

1. Does my PD have to be current for NVC to send my papers to counsulate in India?

2. Should I choose Chennai or Mumbai?
    My H1 is from Mumbai, I have worked in Pune for about 4 years and have an apt. there. Butborn and brought up in Karnataka. Name appears on Karnataka's ration card etc.

Any info' will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Seeker

Answers:
    1. Yes
    2. If you can show the proof of residence in Mumbai, you can file in Mumbai. You can show like voter card etc

Comment

CP Options?

Ans to Second question: What is your permanent Address listed on the passport.

Usually that is one of the addresses that determines Jurisdiction.

They don't usually ask you to prove jurisdiction but you should have proof to show that you belong to that jurisdiction.

It does not matter if you worked/got you first H1 from Mumbai. I worked in Mumbai and got my first H1 at Mumbai however my jurisdiction in Chennai.

Comment

CP options...

Hi,
        In my case, the passport address was from Pune..
        but my place of Birth is secunderabad..
        my interview was done in Chennai...

Actually if you are going through normal CP, NVC will decide the consulate and let you know, by sending P3.

Cheers
        Bala

Comment

CP options... xkuger and everyone else

Hello kuger/everyone

I have a similar case NVC has sent my file to MUMBAI based on my first VISA stamping. However I have the permanent address in Karnataka which falls under Chennai. I do not have any ration card.

I just spoke with the lady from Mumbai Consulate and was told that since the file had been sent there, Mumbai is going to proceed with my case and it did not matter on the permanent address on my passport. My Lawyer had earlier suggested earlier that I should send my Packet 3 to Chennai - But now I am planning to go ahead with MUMBAI.

Any Ideas/help will be greatly appreciated.

acs101

Comment

CP options... xkuger and everyone else

Hello kuger/everyone

I have a similar case NVC has sent my file to MUMBAI based on my first VISA
            stamping. However I have the permanent address in Karnataka which falls under
            Chennai. I do not have any ration card.

I just spoke with the lady from Mumbai Consulate and was told that since the file
            had been sent there, Mumbai is going to proceed with my case and it did not
            matter on the permanent address on my passport. My Lawyer had earlier
            suggested earlier that I should send my Packet 3 to Chennai - But now I am
            planning to go ahead with MUMBAI.

Any Ideas/help will be greatly appreciated.

acs101

Comment

CP Options?

Most definitly it seems very nice of Mumbai to go ahead. I am not sure that all the other consulates will adopth that approach. I read of an old posting where someone had to jump thru hoops to find his file in Delhi & eventually get it moved to Chennai ( Whole process took 6 months).

I was mearly quoting his experience. Check the old postings you may find his case.

Comment

CP Options?

Thanks - Xkuger - Have been reading your posts for some time now. All of them very informational.
                I am going to send my packet to MUMBAI and see how things develop. My only concern was that They would tell me at the time of the Interview that I need to go to Chennai and I'll get stuck.

I'll be in trouble then since My H1 expires July of this year.
                acs101

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X