221 (g) blue>>>HELP PLZZ..NEED YOUR ADVISE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 (g) blue>>>HELP PLZZ..NEED YOUR ADVISE

I am a U.S citizen and applied for my husband. His interview was yesterday at the dhaka , embassy. The consulate said they are satisfied with all the documents but it was denied under 221 (g) saying the following remarks apply in ur case....additional processing we will contact u as soon as we receive the result. They only kept the original marriage certificate and photocopies of other documents. on the bottom right it says optional form 194(rev.4-91). Can anyone tell me what this means? how long will this additional processing take? should i contact the dhaka embassy regarding this? Please let me know if any of u have similiar case. Thanks

section 221g of INA

My wife and I are waiting for our daughter's visa...have been for almost 6 months now. It also was denied under section 221g of the Immigration and Nationality Act. It seems improbable in the extreme that they cannot reach conclusion on our case. We are both American citizens, no papers were mentioned to be lacking, and they did take our daughter's passport. This is in the US Embassy, Manila, Philippines. And so we wait, and wait, and wait. Now other people have told me that this is merely a "temporary" thing, and that it means they have to run background checks, document checks, etc, and that everything will be ok.
    I guess it is easy to say that when you're not the one going through it. It appears that the US Embassies/consulates don't have to answer to anyone, or provide any reasons for what they do. I find that very troubling. We have had our US Senator inquire about our case, and if it wasn't for his office's inquiry, we would have no clue what was actually going on. Meanwhile our 3 year old little girl is waiting for us to bring her here.....amazing isn't it????? Good luck.

Comment

hey lightfoot. thanks for ur reply. so sorry to hear abt ur daughter. I understand that they have to do a security, background and document check. But i dont understand why they are so slow abt it and why they take months to do it. its ridiculous.

Comment

processing time

It takes way too long in my opinion, and it just amazes me that it seems the US government cares more about privileges for illegal Aliens than it does for it's own citizens who follow the rules. Must be a case of Bizarro world. Good luck to you.

Comment

From Afroza Can anyone help

I am a U.S citizen and applied for my husband. His interview was om october 22nd 2007 at the dhaka , embassy. The consulate gave him blue paper but it was denied under 221 (g) saying the following remarks apply in ur case....additional processing we will contact u as soon as we receive the result. They only kept the original marriage certificate and photocopies of other documents. on the bottom right it says optional form 194(rev.4-91). Can anyone tell me what this means? how long will this additional processing take? should i contact the dhaka embassy regarding this? Please let me know if any of u have similiar case. Thanks

Comment

About Ap

Hi there,
            I still didn't get any answer from us embassy..Shagorika did you hear from them anything?Please let me know is there any update..

Comment

nope. no update. i emailed them 1 week ago. still no reply from them. i wonder if they even check their emails. r u planning on going to bangladesh this december?

Originally posted by shailausa1
              Hi there,
              I still didn't get any answer from us embassy..Shagorika did you hear from them anything?Please let me know is there any update..

Comment

From Shaila

Hi
                i still have not decided what to do..I prepared a email..but I haven't sent it yet..before I emailed them they replied my email though it took long..sorry to hear that..this is very upsetting being a US citizen we also have to go through a tough time..Hope for the best..

Comment

221(g)

Today, I faced interview at US Embassy, Dhaka for family based IV. The interviewing officer very politely explained that all papers & documents are inorder. But they will need some additional processing before the visa could be issued.She (interviewing officer) returned my passport with a bluesheet referring clause 221 (g).but did not cancel my multiple non-immigrant visa valid upto 2011.

I understand from many sources that it is not a denial. Embassy is required to do some background checks etc. But unfortunately, it takes longtime, in some cases even more that 6 months.

Personal Contacts with Embassy is not desireable at this stage because it will not expedite the process.

Applicants with 221 (g)therefore, should not be frustated but wait with patience.
                  Hope this clarifies the situation under 221(g)
                  Thanks.

Comment

after long time i m going to reply this thread again

i m in the same condition. they r happy with my documents but put me on additional processing ...

they keept my passport.

is there anyone who can share their condition belongs to this

and what abt shaila and shagorika? when did the get the visa? plzz update like shantonu....

Comment

by the way my case is under Dhaka embassy...

Comment

Hello,

When was your day of interview?

My husband had an interview on October 12, 09. The interview went well in Dhaka US Embassy, but they gave him a blue notice to get additional form (which we missed) and my 2008 IRS. On Oct. 15 he did submit form and my print out of Tax Return. They approved it and asked him to come back on 22nd for decision.
                        But instead of visa on 22nd they gave him another blue 221 (g) with stamp: Additional Processing we contact you as soon we received the results.

As far as I understand from other cases online it could take additional time to get these results and some up to 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My lawyer advised me to write letter to Embassy for explanation of what they need to process and clarifications. And if they do not provide me essential information to get in touch with congressman from my state.

Any ideas? Did anyone from this forum in case in Dhaka did contact congressman, does it help?

Please let me know, thank you.........

Comment

sorry i didn't check this forum since long

i think we talked to each other already. rite?

so best wishes...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X