Change of Employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Employer

I changed from AOS to CP. I currently live in US.
    I am planning to go to India. My employer in US, says that I can work for him, even from India.

Can I change employer in India and after getting GC, come back to US and work for my current Employer in US.
    What happens if my current Employer does not take me at that time ?

I appreciate if anybody clarifies this.

Thanks in advance.

Please provide more information.

How did you change from AOS to CP?

Under what visa are you in the USA?

What's your immigration category?

Where are you in the immigration process?
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I changed from AOS to CP using I-824 and it got approved.
      My I-140 is approved.
      I am currently on H1 (extension for 3 yrs).

Comment

My immigration category is EB3 with PD of Sep 2004

Comment

Is your current employer going to put you in US payroll? or will you be paid in India? Why did you choose to go the CP route?

Either way, once you receive your GC, you can work for any employer you want and in India, your US employer has no control over you.
          Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

No, I will be on India payroll.
            I want to go back to India for personal reasons. That is the reason, I changed to CP.

Will it affect my CP, in any way, if I change my employer in India.
            Is it mandatory to stick, with the employer, while CP is in process.

Comment

US employment ceases. It does not matter what you do in India.

HOWEVER... You are obtaining a GC through one employer and should continue working for them... just like when you marry a US Citizen and obtain a GC, you should continue married to the US Citizen.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X