Mandatory AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory AP

Hello, please bear with me, as this is my first post on this forum. Moderators, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it to the correct one.

My husband had his CR1 interview in New Delhi on January 4, 2010, after a very long journey. He was given a letter stating "Please bear with us as your case undergoes mandatory administrative processing. Once processing is complete, we will return your passport to you along with your visa." So, my question is, I know that this is a general statement, but does anyone have any idea how long it will take? They kept his passport. I have decided to call DOS once a week, and check the VFS website daily. Please tell me it is a good sign that they have kept his passport. When he had his K1 interview in November 2008, they returned his passport, and issued us a 221g asking for engagement information. We never had an engagement ceremony, and what documents we could submit was not sufficient enough for them and they returned our case to USCIS. (just a quick background).
    It has been a long and dusty road and we have been traveling immigration since April of 2008. Thanks for your input

Husband now has his visa in his hands

Comment

Hi, thank you for having posted this on the forum.

My wife had her interview on Jan 11 in New Delhi and they kept her passport and also gave her a paper stating her case would undergo mandatory administrative processing. I am a US citizen and we're married (so we applied via I130).

I'm post again if anyone has questions or I get an update (i.e. good news), so that others may have an idea of what the approximate timeline is.

Judging from this previous post though it would appear it is at least 5-6 weeks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X