Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post
    Thank you dear AlienKanpur,Kalyanam & GeoMac,I am touched by the concern shown by all of you.I got a bit scared, so checked on the CEAC,where we have submitted our documents & they are accepted,the reason of acceptance is that at India,Birth Certificate for people born before 1960 is not required.
    This is a truly amazing Forum!!!
    the following reason was given [This is in accordance with immigration regulations, Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country for India and Foreign Affairs Manual]

Comment

• Originally posted by tush.kathiriya
      My Father successfully completed his IR5 Visa interview today. His immigration visa got approved. Appointment was at 7.30 AM. Interview was done in Gujarati. His interview went very smooth.

After entering to the building, The consular officer verified all of the documents (Birth certificate, marriage certificate, old PCC – they didn’t ask for new PCC) Officer asked few basic questions about the petitioner. like 1) Who is the petitioner? 2) how long he has been into the USA? 3) is he married? 4) Does he has any kids? Also asked few questions about my father’s travel history to USA, when did he visited USA last time? How long did he stayed? Who has he travelled with?

My father has recently renewed his Indian passport so that new passport number was not updated to their system. They mentioned that they are updating the new passport number into their system. And finally, officer handover a letter to my father and mentioned, passport/visa would get delivered in 3 days.
      I would like to thank every member of this forum for helping petitioner like me into the entire process.

Best wishes to everyone.
      Dear tush.kathiriya,
      Heartiest congratulations for the grant of the immigration visa for your father. Now you have to get going full steam for your mom. Talk to a lawyer, may be you can go for Adjustment of Status for your mother. When is your father planning to travel to USA. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear tush.kathiriya,
        Heartiest congratulations for the grant of the immigration visa for your father. Now you have to get going full steam for your mom. Talk to a lawyer, may be you can go for Adjustment of Status for your mother. When is your father planning to travel to USA. Best wishes.
        yea, i already initiated the process for my Mom. My father is planning to travel in month of September.

Comment

• Dear all,

My apologies for the previous post about my father's visa interview. My father misunderstood the response of the officer at the end of the interview. He thought officer mentioned that his Visa is approved, but when he send me the copy of the letter he received from officer. this is the 221(g) letter. It says that "Your case is under administrative processing. we will contact you once the administrative processing is complete"

it was more confusing to my father because they kept his passport, so he thought they kept it for visa stamping.

Is there anyone in the forum has in this similar situation? they have not requested any further documents or anything. so how long this administrative processing would take?

Appreciate your input

Comment

• Thanks a lot to all forum members for their valuable experience. I have a question regarding interview. Do we have to carry photos, mails or letters to establish our relationship with our sponsor (son/daughter). As this is indicated in interview preparation instructions. Please guide with your actual experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobby57 View Post
              Thanks a lot to all forum members for their valuable experience. I have a question regarding interview. Do we have to carry photos, mails or letters to establish our relationship with our sponsor (son/daughter). As this is indicated in interview preparation instructions. Please guide with your actual experience.
              I scanned or had digital versions of photos from my childhood until the present. I randomly picked 10 of them spaced evenly and sent them to my mom. Most of them were with my other family members and none was just of me and my mom. The officer actually asked my mom for photos at her interview. Not everyone may be asked for photos but this seems like an easy thing to do for most of us.

Comment

• Any new IL recently?

Comment

• Originally posted by shrutipshah View Post
                  Any new IL recently?
                  Using a simple (not logical, but statistical) extrapolation, one could expect the next set of IL in the week starting June 13. It could be a few days here or there. Best wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobby57 View Post
                    Thanks a lot to all forum members for their valuable experience. I have a question regarding interview. Do we have to carry photos, mails or letters to establish our relationship with our sponsor (son/daughter). As this is indicated in interview preparation instructions. Please guide with your actual experience.
                    Dear Lobby57,
                    You should carry the photos, preferably hard copies, as you will have no device to show the soft copies. You may be asked to show pictures (very unlikely though), only if you had uploaded soft copies with your I-130 petition. Best wishes.

Comment

• Using a simple (not logical, but statistical) extrapolation, one could expect the next set of IL in the week starting June 13. It could be a few days here or there. Best wishes.
                      Thank you so much, that lightens up the scenario. With a DQ date of Dec 2021, am already feeling exhausted. Let's wait. Things have to happen, the system is working hard too, to keep up with. Best wishes to all of us.

Comment

• Hello Everyone, thanks for the very useful insights. I wanted to understand what documents need to be taken for the medical appointment? Is it just latest prescription or the entire medical records (xrays, diagnoses etc.)? Also, does one need to take actual medical flaps/strips/medication. Is there a template of the form that we need to fill in at the medical appointment. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by pbansal View Post
                          Hello Everyone, thanks for the very useful insights. I wanted to understand what documents need to be taken for the medical appointment? Is it just latest prescription or the entire medical records (xrays, diagnoses etc.)? Also, does one need to take actual medical flaps/strips/medication. Is there a template of the form that we need to fill in at the medical appointment. Thanks!
                          Dear pbansal,
                          you would have got an email from the hospital where you have booked the slot for the medical examination. That letter very mush tells you what all is needed. Anyways, what you need is given below:
                          1. Copy of the IL
                          2. DS 260 confirmation page
                          3. Prescription of the medicines being taken, no need to carry the actual strips of the medicine.
                          4. COVID vaccination certificate with the passport number
                          5. Proof of any other vaccinations that may have been taken.
                          6. Passport with a copy
                          7. Four photographs
                          8. copy of the medical appointment confirmation
                          9. Proof of entire medical history, if there is something to report.
                          x-rays will not be needed. They will take their own x-rays. You will be required to fill up a form and pay the fee, before the process begins.
                          best wishes

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post

Dear pbansal,
                            you would have got an email from the hospital where you have booked the slot for the medical examination. That letter very mush tells you what all is needed. Anyways, what you need is given below:
                            1. Copy of the IL
                            2. DS 260 confirmation page
                            3. Prescription of the medicines being taken, no need to carry the actual strips of the medicine.
                            4. COVID vaccination certificate with the passport number
                            5. Proof of any other vaccinations that may have been taken.
                            6. Passport with a copy
                            7. Four photographs
                            8. copy of the medical appointment confirmation
                            9. Proof of entire medical history, if there is something to report.
                            x-rays will not be needed. They will take their own x-rays. You will be required to fill up a form and pay the fee, before the process begins.
                            best wishes

Thanks AlienKanpur, this is very helpful. I had a follow-up question on #9: my parents have Diabetes, BP like most others their age (70+). Should we take their medical documentation (all prior tests, check-ups) or will just #3 i.e. latest prescriptions suffice?

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoMac

Actually when your birth documents are accepted on ceac, and the case was DQ ed, that means your documents are okay. Now at the interview all you have to do is show the originals which you uploaded (for verification).
                              All the best. God bless.
                              Thank you very much for reconfirmation.

Comment

• Originally posted by pbansal View Post

Thanks AlienKanpur, this is very helpful. I had a follow-up question on #9: my parents have Diabetes, BP like most others their age (70+). Should we take their medical documentation (all prior tests, check-ups) or will just #3 i.e. latest prescriptions suffice?
                                Diabetes and hypertension is an everyday affair. My wife has both thd issues. We only carried the latest prescription. Dr. hardly even looked at the prescription. Just asked some general questions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X