Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sumanbehl View Post

Please inform how you obtained appointment with Max Mohali? Whether it was obtained thru phone or online.
    I called them via phone from here, USA.

Comment

• Previous Links:**************************************************

Mandatory: RT PCR is MUST and should be within 24 hours from date and time of journey for US irrespective of your Indian vaccination status.

Journey Day @ Hyd : Boarding
      Emirates Airlines : Hyderabad to SFO via Dubai.
      • Checked Covid full Vaccination certificate + RT PCR report within 24 hours MUST.
        • Again Verified both certificates before check in.
      Journey Day @ SFO : Landed
      • Finally reached, at immigration officer (IO) queue.
      • Immigration Officer 1: Interview
        • Took bio metrics, Iris and fingerprints of both hands.
        • Asked some questions.
          • Who is here for you.
          • Where are you going?
          • With whom do you stay?
          • When was your last visit to US?
          • How much period did you stay?
          • Whether your son was married?
          • How many children does your son have?
      • IO 1 sent us to IO 2. Waited for his call or queue.
      • Immigration Officer 2: Interview
        • Waiting Period : 20 minutes
      • Handed over passports to IO 2.
      • Took latest US residing address.
      • IO 2, went inside and then came back, returned Passports.
      • IO 2, greeted: Welcome to US
      • Now on wards, you are US permanent resident and authorized to work in US.
      • After interview, informed Green Card will be sent within 1 week to the local address.
      Observations:
      • Received Apollo RT PCR report within 7 hours from sample collection, charged 350 INR.
      • For Elders/Seniors always opt for wheelchair .
        • Dubai International Airport is very long and busy. The wheel chair staff carried to each point and got the transit security check done. The process took more than 2 hrs. For us transit duration is less.
        • At SFO Airport, wheelchair staff, carried us through Immigration and to luggage belt, where our luggage is grounded. Took our luggage via customs. Then they left us at outside gate.
        • Wheel chair staff are courteous and helpful in both Dubai and US.
        • Wheel Chair Staff makes movement very comfortable without any inquiry.
      Green Card Observation ( after 20 days):
      • Within 10 days, Parent/female received SSN Number from the date of arrival.
      • Parent/Male not yet received SSN Number even after 20 days so contacted SSN but no information, then approached local Social Security office.
        • Again took Biometrics, Passport and Visa Copy then cross verified.
        • Registered and informed, will be receiving within 3 weeks.
      • Finally received SSN after 10 days.
      • Both Parents still waiting for Green Cards, may take 3-6 months.
      • Then registered for State ID’s as per California Laws.
      Note:
      • Above information written by recollecting the memory only for reading purpose for your understanding of the process flow and not for any reference purpose.
      • Every case and experience is different from others.
      • Visit the above previous links for your better experience.
      We are thankful to immihelp management and forum members for their guidance.

Regards
      From Andhra Pradesh INDIA
      Parents enjoying with grand Children.
      Take Care
      Last edited by lakhanloves; 06-09-2022, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NNSidhu View Post
        Hello everyone,
        My father had his interview yesterday and his visa application is approved. My father is elderly and needed assistance. My husband went from USA to help him thru this interview process. They stayed in Trident Hotel. Very nice and very convenient facility. Hotel provided curtsy cab for his Biometric appointment. There was a lineup for the biometrics but took about 15 minutes to complete. US consulate is nearby walking distance. My husband took my father in side the consulate on wheel chair. Everything was done in less than one hour. I would suggest if you have uploaded any documents some time ago and now you have the new one, please take both (old and new ) documents with you. Now we are waiting for his passport to be back from US consulate. I hope it will not take too long.
        Can anyone share how long it takes to get passport back in Punjab ?
        Thanks to all. This forum is very helpful. I wish good luck to all.
        It came in 3-4 days, direct to home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forparents96 View Post

Can you please let us know how did your parents Interviewed in their language? Did they mentioned that before or during the interview? I am also looking if my parents can speck in their language ( bengali) during the consulate interview. Any insight will be helpful!
          During Biometrics appointment i chose "English" but during interview process in Mumbai when documents were getting checked, someone there asked if translator is needed, that's how my parents got Telugu tranlator.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms20xx View Post

It came in 3-4 days, direct to home.
            Thank you so much. Fingers crossed. Hopefully my father also will get it soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by kalyanam View Post

During Biometrics appointment i chose "English" but during interview process in Mumbai when documents were getting checked, someone there asked if translator is needed, that's how my parents got Telugu tranlator.
              For Biometrics most of the people in the facility speak Hindi, English. Language is not that big issue there. For consulate interview I picked Punjabi and an interpreter was a available there at the time of interview. Announcement was also done in Punjabi. I hope it helps.

Comment

• Dear members of the forum,
                Our visa just got approved. It was a very crowded day. We went in around 8 am and we’re out by 9.45. I will share the details of my experience once we are back in Kanpur by later in the day today.
                thanks members of the forum. Made a lot of acquaintances, specially Tush, who became known to me personally and also GeoMac. I will continue to be looking into the forum on and off.
                I will soon, after we enter United States, share my identity to you all so that, if any one feels a need I may be contacted on email.
                best wishes to all in waiting,

Comment

• Originally posted by Atmakur61 View Post
                  Hi and hello ???? to all the members of the forum!
                  Thanks to the forum members for sharing their experiences and posting information on IR5 Visa interview and its process.
                  For the last one month I am following this forum, it's very informative and helpful.
                  I am happy to share that my and my wife's interview was held yesterday and it is approved.
                  Thank you all once again.
                  Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlienKanpur View Post
                    Dear members of the forum,
                    Our visa just got approved. It was a very crowded day. We went in around 8 am and we’re out by 9.45. I will share the details of my experience once we are back in Kanpur by later in the day today.
                    thanks members of the forum. Made a lot of acquaintances, specially Tush, who became known to me personally and also GeoMac. I will continue to be looking into the forum on and off.
                    I will soon, after we enter United States, share my identity to you all so that, if any one feels a need I may be contacted on email.
                    best wishes to all in waiting,
                    Hearty Congratulations dear AlienKanpur!You have been very helpful & kind to all members of this group.All the BEST!

Comment

• Question for the folks who received visa appointment or went through IR5 interview (I did ask India embassy support team via email but didn't get clear answer) - did you receive visa appointment letter via mail(post) at Indian applicant mailing address? if not what did you or your parents bring it with them for visa appointment letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by bbg1982 View Post
                        Question for the folks who received visa appointment or went through IR5 interview (I did ask India embassy support team via email but didn't get clear answer) - did you receive visa appointment letter via mail(post) at Indian applicant mailing address? if not what did you or your parents bring it with them for visa appointment letter?
                        Hi,
                        Everybody gets IR5 interview letters via email from NVC only. NVC email is the proof for all I.e., Medical examination, biometrics and Consulate interview at Mumbai.

Comment

• Originally posted by NNSidhu View Post

Congratulations. I will really appreciate if you share any information about your passport delivery update. I am looking for the information if we get notified that visa is stamped and passport is shipped.
                          Hi,
                          The Consulate officer informed us that our Passport will be despatched within a weeks time (7 days). We have opted Hyderabad VAC to collect our passport.

Comment

• NNSidhu,
                            Can you clarify more on medicals at Max for your father.Why so long,too many tests or too long waiting time.Did he go fasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapnaanagol View Post

Hearty Congratulations dear AlienKanpur!You have been very helpful & kind to all members of this group.All the BEST!
                              Thanks sapnaanagol for the kind words. We are back home in Kanpur. Just checked the visa status. It says VISA is printed and will be sent soon. Once we get the passports, by God’s grace, next week, we will plan our US trip.
                              best wishes to all. Next of set of IL will be coming in possibly around June 15, 2022.

Comment

• Dear All,
                                We, me and wife had our VISA interview today. We had booked a room in the Trident hotel. We were dropped of at the consulate at 7.50. We went inside straight away. Only the appointment letter(email) and the original passport was checked. Walked to a large hall, which had 17 counters. What all happened is given below:
                                1. Went to window 1 and got a token number (one token for both parents) around 8.20 am.We opted to be interviewed in Hindi.
                                2. We sat down and waited for token number to be flashed on the TV screens.
                                3. Our number was flashed around 9 am. We went to the counter, some Desi guy was sitting there. We were asked to submit only the marriage certificate and our birth certificates. Along with the old and new passports.
                                4. some simple questions were asked like who has sponsored you. Is the petitioner married and how many children does she have. How old is your grand child. My wife was asked about her mother’s name. What countries have you been to and for how long. Did your stay exceed one year in any country. We were then told to sit back in the same room and wait for number to flash again.
                                5. In about 35 minutes our number flashed again. This time there was an White American along with a translator. Again some simple questions like who has sponsored you. How many times have you been to USA. What was the longest duration that you stayed in USA. Have you ever stayed beyond six months. Then the officer says your VISA is approved and your previous B1/B2 visa is being cancelled. You will receive the passports in 5 working days from the pick-up agency selected by you.
                                That is all. We were out of the hall by 9.45 am.
                                some tips to the people going for interview:
                                1. There is mobile etc deposit facility. They charge Rs. 50 for each item that you deposit. Even smart watches have to be taken off. My wife was wearing a Fitbit, that too was not allowed. My walking stick had a small torch attached. I had to dismantle the torch. I finally paid 200 rupees. May be just carry a mobile.
                                2. Water bottles are allowed, but no eatables.
                                We had carried with us the original photographs, pay stubs of our daughter and son in law, their appointment verification as well as their w2 and tax returns for 2019, 2020 and 2021. These were uploaded also. They did not see anything.
                                That’s all forum members. I will continue to watch the activities of the forum and contribute whatever I can. Best wishes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X