Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mumbai consulate scheduling interviews for IR5 (Parent of a U.S. citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gharya54 View Post

To, Maneeshsah :- Yes, one accompanying member will be allowed. Ask for a wheelchair, that's the safest way .
    With regards.
    Thanks! No downside of wheel chair on visa evaluation, right?

Comment

• Dear Rsidhu, The PCC issued by the regional passport office is certainly acceptable. I have no idea about the one issued by the regional police office.

Comment

• hello everyone,

Any updates with the current dates, req to share if anyone has received their IL's.

regards

Comment

• Originally posted by VMP View Post
          Original L2022
          Thank you Gharya.
          On another question, do we have to send the original naturalization certificate or just a photocopy because I am not comfortable mailing the only original that I have.

Can you explain why is this necessary when US passport copy is provided ?
          We didn't submit petitioner us passport copy but instead used naturalization certificate for proof of citizenship.

Comment

• IR-5 appointment: 8.30 AM.

Interview Day:
            Reached BKC @ 7:50 AM.
            @ 0755 hrs. called for appointment time 0830 hrs. and 0840 hrs.

Step 1:
            • Security Check @ tent (on road): In line.
            • Checked Passport and NVC Bombay appointment letter.
            • Original Passports compared with mail.
            • Checked Biometric sticker affixed by VAC behind passport.

Step 2: Building Entry
            • Security Check (Building Entry) :
            • Checked Passport and NVC Bombay appointment letter.
            • Asking immigrant Visa or Non-immigrant visa.
            • Showed the way for Immigrant Counters

Step 3: Token Counter
            • Token Counter: Issued Single token for both wife and husband.
            • Waited for 10 mins in a hall for call.
            • Enquired about preferred language for interview.
            • Upon preferred language translators are allotted.
            • Preferred Language: Telugu (Andhra Pradesh INDIA) and provided accordingly.

Note:
            More than 40 counters. (20 counter on either side, like Rly reservation counters)

Step 4: Preliminary scrutiny
            • Inside the counter both the consular(American) and translator(Indian) will be present.
            • Conversation/ Interview will be via Translator for other than English.
            • Translator asked for original Passports, PCC, Original Date of Birth (SSLC/ Birth Registrar)
            Marriage certificate of both the parents.
            • Originals collected and scanned inside.
            • Verified everything on their computer i.e., uploaded(base) data.
            • Translator asked us to wait in hall. The Consular Officer will call you.

Following questions are asked:
            • Who called you to US?
            • How is petitioner known to you?
            • What is petitioner doing?
            • What is petitioner’s profession.
            • In which place the petitioner lives?
            • Where did the petitioner earlier live in US?
            • Is petitioner married? If yes, when?
            • When did you last meet the petitioner?
            • Has petitioner visited India?
            • How many times did you go to US?
            • In each visit how many months did you stay?
            • When was your last visit?
            • How many children does the petitioner have?

Step 4: Consular Interview (via Translator)
            • Waited for 10 minutes then American Consular Officer came.
            • Finger prints for both palms and thumbs were taken (4 times).
            • Consular Officer repeated the above said similar questions.
            • Returned Originals Passports, PCC, Original Date of Birth, Marriage Cert.

Step 5: Your Visa is Approved
            • Original Passports of both parents retained. Other originals returned.
            • Informed Your Visa is Approved. Your interview is complete.
            • Also told that your visa affixed inside Passport will be sent to the latest recorded address within 3-4 days.
            • Both of you can now leave.
            • Both came out from the premises by 0900 AM (total time within an hour).
            • Handed over one unsigned print contained further instructions for information.
            • Instructions and Alien No and DOS No will be provided along with returned passports.
            • Further, asked us to pay later US $220 per person for Green Card electronic processing.

Observation:
            • Those filed electronic system does not get any sealed cover. The documents and data is annotated IV documents in CCD.
            • No sealed cover handed over in person.
            • The Consular Officer and Translator were very polite and calm.
            • Hall is neat and clean.
            • Stay (personal view, non sponsored):
              • Stayed at Ramakrishna Hotel, Vile Parle (East) Mumbai
              • Complimentary Breakfast provided (but closes at 0930 hrs)
              • Pick up & Drop at Airport is provided without any charge, location is nearer to Airport
              • Staff are well behaved and responded well.
              • Clean and comfortable room, quite spacious.
              • Market place, street food and restaurants are within walk able distance.
            • To and fro to US Consular via Uber cabs( approx travel time 30 mins).
            • While booking Indigo Flight breakfast, UPMA (tastes like boiled broken rice with dals) may not be preferred as it is not much tasty.
            Note:
            • Above information written by recollecting the memory only for reading purpose for your understanding of the process flow and not for any reference purpose.
            • Each case is different for Consular questions.

Regards
            From Andhra Pradesh INDIA
            waiting for passports with VISA
            Last edited by lakhanloves; 03-04-2022, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Dear all,I am very hesitant to write a update on interview dates as I am not sure how far this is true.I sometimes follow on YouTube a channel for immigration news.
              this shows an ir5 interview scheduled for 11th March for DQ of 21st January 2021.Let us wait for few days before we react to this news.

Comment

• I can’t stress enough on how useful this forum is.
                My query is about the birth proof of the applicants.
                My parents don’t have birth certificates and i attached their Tenth class (SSC) memos while applying. Their case was DQ’din July 2021 implying that NVC accepted them. Do they accept the same tenth memos at the interview? Or
                Is Affidavit or NABC (Non-availability of Birth Certificate) compulsory?

Thank you all

Comment

• Do they accept less than 2 year old PCC? My parents have one and I asked them to start process for a new one now, but it might be late as seems like interview can come anytime for them(DQ 24 November)

Comment

• Hi All,

To provide a timeline reference for those that are waiting: my mom's DQ date is 9th October 2020, and we have an interview scheduled in Mumbai for March 15th.

Question: Where will I find the DS-260 confirmation page, as well as the original interview schedule letter? I have emails regarding the interview schedule. Is this acceptable if I print this out? Or are we supposed to get the letter by mail to my mom's address in India?

Thanks
                    Viji

Comment

• Originally posted by Rsidhu View Post
                      Do they accept less than 2 year old PCC? My parents have one and I asked them to start process for a new one now, but it might be late as seems like interview can come anytime for them(DQ 24 November)
                      Dear Rsidhu, to my knowledge and understanding, your parents can go to the interview with the old PCC. All formalities will be done. But they will be asked to submit the latest PCC. The VISA will be issued only after the Consulate receives the fresh PCC. You should immediately start the PCC process. New PCC will be ready within three weeks of the appointment at the passport office. You might get the IL very soon, hopefully sometime in the next two weeks. You may get about 10-14 days for the interview. Who knows that your parents will be able to obtain the new PCC in time for the interview. Best wishes. Please keep the forum posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by NG1809 View Post
                        I can’t stress enough on how useful this forum is.
                        My query is about the birth proof of the applicants.
                        My parents don’t have birth certificates and i attached their Tenth class (SSC) memos while applying. Their case was DQ’din July 2021 implying that NVC accepted them. Do they accept the same tenth memos at the interview? Or
                        Is Affidavit or NABC (Non-availability of Birth Certificate) compulsory?

Thank you all
                        Dear NG1809, As per the instructions on the USICS website for the birth proof, the high school certificate is not acceptable, neither is the aadhar card. I am surprised that the case got DQ with the high school certificate. I had submitted two affidavits and a Non availability certificate, with the I-130 petition. Maybe some other forum members can update on this issue. But if the NVC has DQ'd you with the copy of the high school certificate, then technically they might only want to see the original. You still have a lot of time may be you can get the required documents. Best wishes

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I have been following this page and can't stress enough about how useful it has been for me.

My mom's DQ date was 10/9/2020, and her interview date in Mumbai is 3/15/2022.

Re: PCC - I read in the forum that she can go to the interview with the old PCC and submit a new one after she receives it. Can anyone confirm that they were able to do this successfully?

Re: DS-260 confirmation page - No idea where to get this from. Any pointers would be helpful.

Re: Original Interview letter - Would this be just the printout of the email that we received?

Also, can someone please list the documents that she would need to carry with her? And potential questions that she should be prepared for....

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by gharya54 View Post

To Sabbyrent :- From the past few experiences on this forum the couples who have a difference or a gap of 4 months in their DQ dates have been called for the interview together.
                            So, I suppose your in-laws too will be called in together.
                            With regards.
                            Thank you

Comment

• My parents just renewed their passport so it is different from what was used to apply for their green card, Is there anything I need to do or Is it ok if they go for the interview and VAC appointment with both passports?

Comment

• rmalik
                                Go with both passport.
                                At all three appointments they will check only the new passport.
                                If there is a valid visa on the old passport they will take the old passport to cancel the visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X