Question on police clearance certificate for my parents' IR5 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on police clearance certificate for my parents' IR5 visa

Hello, I'm in the process of consular processing for my parents' GC and their I-130 is currently approved. I'm working through DS-260, but hitting a bit of a hurdle with police clearance certificate. I understand that I need to get their PCC from a passport office, but I'm wondering if the passport office can be any passport office branch (that can issue a PCC), or it has to be one where they got their passport originally. Reason I'm asking is that the passport office where my father got his passport from has no wheelchair access - which is needed for my father at the moment. Thank you for your help in advance.

I am not sure where your father is located, but as for my mom, she had to go to a local police station where she's from to obtain the police certificate.

Comment

RainyPDX Thanks. My father is located in Thane area (Maharashtra). I thought NVC didn't accept PCC from local police station. Did you not have any issues at all with a certificate from local police station with NVC?

Comment

[QUOTE=n33l;n768158]Hello, I'm in the process of consular processing for my parents' GC and their I-130 is currently approved. I'm working through DS-260, but hitting a bit of a hurdle with police clearance certificate. I understand that I need to get their PCC from a passport office, but I'm wondering if the passport office can be any passport office branch (that can issue a PCC), or it has to be one where they got their passport originally. Reason I'm asking is that the passport office where my father got his passport from has no wheelchair access - which is needed for my father at the moment. Thank you for your help in advance.[/

For PCC, you have to apply online on passport office website, pay fees and take appointment. Go to Regional Passport Office / PSK on the date of appointment. After the form filling and simple formalities, they will ask for police verification. Respective police station will call you for verification and then RPO will send PCC by speed post.
        Last edited by GeoMac; 08-29-2021, 04:58 AM.

Comment

GeoMac Thank you. Just wondering if they need to go to the *same* passport office where they got their passport (~8yrs ago), or they can go to *any* regional office. Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X