Urgent guidance about IRS Transcript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent guidance about IRS Transcript

My in-laws have their visa appointment scheduled on July 5th - We did their I130 back in Oct 2020 which was DQ in April 2021. When we did their i130 we(my wife and I) provided IRS transcript(joint return) for 2017, 2018 & 2019 which was accepted by NVC. Now fast forward it's 2022 so I think we need to provide IRS transcript for 2020 & 2021.

for 2020 IRS Transcript: We had filed extension due to complication(few LLC, partnership etc..) then IRS tax return was filed by mail (my CPA wasn't able to submit online) in Oct 2021 but, IRS haven't processed tax return for 2020 due to huge backlog(My CPA told me it's taking over 1 year) - hence no IRS Transcript for 2020
    for 2021 IRS Transcript: We have filed extension due to complication(few LLC, partnership etc..) but, will not be able to complete tax return before scheduled interview date (July 5th) so no transcript for 2021 either

What would experts recommend in this situation? any real case scenarios or expert advice for this situation? looking for some guidance asap please

I know this forum have never dis-satisfied anyone

Once interview is done - I'll share update here so in future someone else can benefit from our experience

Just updating on above topic so if anyone come across same situation in future it will be beneficial to others : My in-laws visa was approved today without IRS Transcript from 2020 & 2021

Just to be on safe side I wrote two letters (one for 2020 & one for 2021) - sent original signed copies to my in-laws along with all supporting documents and uploaded all documents(including signed letters_ to CEAC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	785644Click image for larger version

Name:	2020.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	785645

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the above. Similarly like yourself, I have uploaded 2017 through 2019 both Tax Return and Tax Transcript. However, I have sent the tax transcript and return for 2020 and 2021 to my in-laws to carry in person if they ask for these. I have no uploaded to CEAC 2020 and 2021. Do I necessarily need to upload these on CEAC website? I am getting mixed message and not exactly sure...Their interview is on July 8th.

Thank you for your help again!

Comment

Originally posted by apshah05 View Post
        Hello,

Thanks for sharing the above. Similarly like yourself, I have uploaded 2017 through 2019 both Tax Return and Tax Transcript. However, I have sent the tax transcript and return for 2020 and 2021 to my in-laws to carry in person if they ask for these. I have no uploaded to CEAC 2020 and 2021. Do I necessarily need to upload these on CEAC website? I am getting mixed message and not exactly sure...Their interview is on July 8th.

Thank you for your help again!
        It wouldn't hurt uploading on CEAC website - I uploaded everything so if they see it online they most likely will not ask during interview (less hassle for parents to find document which they are not aware of)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X