Not able to remove an applicant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to remove an applicant

I'm the petitioner of a greencard process under the F-3 class (Married child of US citizen). My priority date is 2009. I recently got divorced and I'm trying to remove my ex-wife using the CEAC website. I click the "Remove Applicant" button, select the DIVORCE option and upload the proper documents. For a moment the message "under review" is displayed next to my ex-wife's name, but a few hours later everything goes back to the way it was before, no approval or denial message and my class remains F-3. I'm trying to have them change it to F-1 class (Unmarried child of US citizen) so that my process starts, since the processing date for that category is currently 2014.

I have sent many messages to them using the public inquiry form, but they always reply with instruction on how to remove an applicant exactly the way I did several times. I've also tried calling them, but phone calls are suspended for this type of enquiry.

Does any one know why they CEAC is not working properly? Any advice on how to get them to change my process class? Would mailing the documents be an option?

Any help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by phb2911; 10-02-2023, 11:19 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X