Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Plzzz....How long H1 B Petition approved??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Plzzz....How long H1 B Petition approved??

Dear All:

I was in USA and got H1 petition approved on June,2011 by a new company 'A'.Due to some family reason,I traveled to India on Aug,2011.Now,I am planning to go for H1 stamping soon.

My question:
    1) Is there any validity or condition that H1 stamping should be done withing 6 months or any time period after your petition approved?

2) Is there any condition that you need to join the company with in any period after you got H1 petition approved?

3) Main question in one sentence: Can I go for H1 stamping once I am ready to join my new company 'A',no matter when my petition approved?

Your help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    -Ajay

You can apply for your Visa at any time as long the petition remains valid (before expiry). If there is a large 6+ months gap between petition approval and Visa application, you may be questioned about whether the job still exists and you may be asked to submit a current job offer letter from your employer.
    You can travel to US to work for this employer at any time after Visa is issued as long as it remains valid and you may be again asked to prove that job still exists at the port of entry.
    All of this assumes that the employer does not revoke the petition at any point of time.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X