Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affidavit of support for immediate relative - living outside of U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of support for immediate relative - living outside of U.S.

Hi, I am a U.S. citizen who has been living abroad in Croatia for the past few years. I filed the I-130 for my husband, but am uncertain what to do when the time comes for me to fill out the affidavit of support. The last time I was working in the U.S. was in 2007 and am currently unemployed, as is my husband. I read that the petitioner must be the sponsor in the affidavit when it comes to immediate family. Do I fill out the affidavit showing that I have no income and have another U.S. citizen act as a joint sponsor? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Read https://www.immihelp.com/country-of-...it-of-support/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

if you are living outside of US, the USCIS will not process your paperwork until you are DOMICILED in the U.S. no jobs, look for sponsors. Once you get back to US , continue soon as paperwork over 1 year or w/o communication with USCIS puts case in COLD FILE.

Comment

Hi hello! I see this post is from a few years ago but I have somewhat of a similar situation and would hope to get advice. Currently living and working in Singapore with my Singaporean husband. I have not started the I-130 petition yet as there is no clear processing time and fear when i finish my contract (december) here and prepare to head to the U.S. first the Affidavit of support will rear its head and I wont be prepared. Is it better to settle back into the U.S. i.e. having employment and residing back home for a bit and then start the petition or would I set myself back in the waiting time? I may start the process in September with the hopes it will take a few months and by then I'd be back and working. I don't have many reliable people for joint sponsorship so it's really up to me. ???? i'm so stressed!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X