Damaged Indian Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged Indian Passport

I have recently damaged my indian passport so I will have to apply for a new passport. I am just wondering the new passport will have the same passport number as my current damaged passport or it will be changed?

I am not making any changes in my personal information and just getting reissued the passport.

Please share your experience if you have been in this situation?

The passport number changes whenever a new booklet is issued. Since you are applying for a new booklet (due to damage) it will change for you. The new booklet will contain the date, place of issue and number of the previous booklet.

The only cases where the passport number remains same is if the same booklet is extended or amended by making a observation (remark) on the booklet. People can apply for amendments due to name change, addition of spouse name, deletion of ECR stamp, address change etc. and for extension if they have a short term passport for some reasons (like minors). Most of these changes are made by writing a remark on the observation (or any blank) page of the existing passport booklet.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice. Please consult an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X