Urgent Help-Not Allowed to travel from London to India without OCI Booklet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help-Not Allowed to travel from London to India without OCI Booklet

My sister was not allowed to travel from London Heathrow to Delhi Since she was not having the OCI booklet although she had the Visa sticker on her passport (the air india staff told her that they cannot allow otherwise indian authorities will impose a fine on them to carry passengers without OCI Booklet). Now the issue here is that she was never issued the OCI booklet and was only issued with a sticker which was affixed on her passport.

Whatever has happened has happened Now.

I have two main questions.
    1. Since she was never issued a OCI booklet then how can she apply for the same and what would be the processing time for the same.

2. Is there any authority to whom she can question that why she was not issued the OCI Booklet Automatically by them if it was so Mandatory for travel to india.

And what rules are these , If u have issued a visa sticker then why carry separate documents for travelling.

Please Help with two questions.

Please contact the Indian consulate about the missing OCI booklet.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

She should have shown them the Visa and told them that she is traveling on a Visa and not as an OCI.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

When traveling to India, both OCI booklet and the passport with the "U" visa are required. One or the other is not enough. Both are required. The logic of such requirement is beyond our understanding. However, that is the rule.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X