OCI Card Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Card Questions

I have applied my OCI Card and Indian passport renunciation for me and my wife on September 2013.
    Application received at BLS office Washington DC BLS 17-SEP-2013
    Date of Acknowledgment 02-OCT-2013
    Registration Status at Mission WASHINGTON DC
    OCI- Number
    Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS
    I have travel plans to India and a ticket already brought tickets for Dec 4th. From the time line of others in the trackers at Washington DC and with conversation with BLS folks I have decided to apply for entry visa for my wife.(BLS people are not sure when the OCI will get approved ). I will wait for my OCI card, if it is not coming before Dec 4, I would just postpone my trip alone as I need the OCI card for conducting some personal errands in India. My wife will continue with the plan for Dec 4. Now I have the following questions.
    1) If I apply for Regular India entry visa now shall it come before Dec 2013. Or Shall I apply for emergency India entry visa.
    2) What is the procedure for applying emergency entry visa?
    3) I would like to know if anybody has a document checklist for entry visa requirements.
    4) Also Since I have already applied for renunciation of Indian passport and not received any confirmation about the same, will this cause any issue.
    Please advice. Thank you for all the help.

OCI questions for new forum member

Hi,

I am reading your column and got my US passport. I am planning to apply for OCI cards to whole family. Looks like you have applied recently. Can you guide how to send the documents and what documents needed for this process. Thanks in advance.

Note: I am new to this forum also.

Ram

Comment

RamWendy
      Go To FedEx.com or UPS.Com
      1)Create an user account
      2)Create a Shipment to send the forms to BLS. Print Shipping label.
      3)Create a return shipment from BLS to your address. Print shipping label.

Go to BLS site.
      1)Create an order form. Provide the shipping numbers(airway number).Print.
      2)Fill in the OCI application. There are sample application form provided on the site. Print.

The following are the list of enclosures I have used for applying OCI Card. Please keep in mind that this is required for each member of the family except the last item.
      1) 2 copies of BLS order form
      2) OCI application with photo attached
      3) 2 copies of Renunciation form
      4) One photo attached on Renunciation form
      5) 2 copies of Naturalization Certificate
      6) 2 copies of official court order for Name change if there is a name change
      7) 2 copies of information page and the last two amendment pages of the US passport
      8) Copies of the first three pages and the last two pages of Indian passport
      9) 2 copies of Driver’s License
      10) 2 utility bills for Proof of address
      11) Prepaid return shipping label
      12) Copy of prepaid return shipping label
      13) Most recent Indian passport
      14) A cashiers check payable to 'BLS International USA' for 182.70 for renunciation
      15) A cashiers check payable to 'BLS International USA' for 282.70 for OCI
      16) A fedex envelope for return shipping with address pouch.

Comment

Indian Passport

Hello,

Do I need to send in my original Indian passport with the OCI/Renunciation application? Also, should the Cashier's Checks be seperate for OCI and Renunciation?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes You need to send the original Indian Passport. Make sure you keep a Xerox copy of the passport before you send the original.
          Cashiers check can be combined.
          Thanks

Comment

Hi Ashishmerchant,

Thanks and this is useful information. First we will fill the OCI application form online and proceed to further steps. Will get back to you soon.

Ram

QUOTE=great-ideas;316340]RamWendy
            1)Create an user account

Go to BLS site.
            2)Fill in the OCI application. There are sample application form provided on the site. Print.

The following are the list of enclosures I have used for applying OCI Card. Please keep in mind that this is required for each member of the family except the last item.
            7) 2 copies of information page and the last two amendment pages of the US passport
            14) A cashiers check payable to 'BLS International USA' for 182.70 for renunciation
            16) A fedex envelope for return shipping with address pouch.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi,

I have completed OCI online registration (Part A and Part B). I am currently working on Renunciation form(s). Do I need to fill the following forms.

How many photos required for renunciation and OCI application. Do you have any sample filled form(s) are available for my review, I have some doubts.

Thanks in advance and lot of confusion while filling the forms. Help me.

QUOTE=great-ideas;316340]RamWendy
              1)Create an user account

Go to BLS site.

16) A fedex envelope for return shipping with address pouch.[/QUOTE]

Comment

The third one.

How many photos required for renunciation and OCI application. Do you have any sample filled form(s) are available for my review, I have some doubts.
                One photo for OCI application to be pasted on Form A. Since they ask for 2 copies of everything, I essentially created a second duplicate application, including a copy of Form A, which therefore required a second photo. Did not attach a separate photo for Renunciation.

Comment

The third link descries only when we lost or misplaced the passport. Could you please send me the correct link for Renunciation application.

Thanks.

Originally posted by kool_maverik View Post
                  The third one.

One photo for OCI application to be pasted on Form A. Since they ask for 2 copies of everything, I essentially created a second duplicate application, including a copy of Form A, which therefore required a second photo. Did not attach a separate photo for Renunciation.

Comment

Originally posted by ramwendy View Post
                    The third link descries only when we lost or misplaced the passport. Could you please send me the correct link for Renunciation application.

Thanks.
                    for OCI Adult:

If the applicant has NOT renounced their Indian citizenship, or cannot show proof, the following must be provided:
                    Most recent Indian passport (original not copy)
                    Copy of your naturalization certificate
                    If the most recent Indian passport is available, provide the following:
                    Two (2) copies of the completed Renunciation Form
                    Copies of the first three pages and the last two pages of the most recent Indian passport.

Comment

Thanks.

Please clarify, what is mean (I found in renunciation application form)

Made and subscribed this __________ day of __________________

for OCI Adult:

If the applicant has NOT renounced their Indian citizenship, or cannot show proof, the following must be provided:
                      Copies of the first three pages and the last two pages of the most recent Indian passport.

Comment

Made and subscribed this __fifteenth___ day of ____November, 2013____

Thanks.

Please clarify, what is mean (I found in renunciation application form)

Made and subscribed this __________ day of __________________

for OCI Adult:

Comment

I am applying the OCI+Renunciation for my family and taken one money order of 465.40 {282.70 (for OCI) and 182.70 (for renunciation), total of 465.40} for each applicant. Is it ok to take one money order.

I got the shipping labels of myself and my wife from BLS. Do I need to paste them on outside of FED.Ex. Please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks.

Made and subscribed this __fifteenth___ day of ____November, 2013____

Comment

Not sure if a single MO will work. I had two MOs based on feedback on these forums.

Affix the BLS shipping labels on the outside back of the envelope that you will use for mailing the documents.

I am applying the OCI+Renunciation for my family and taken one money order of 465.40 {282.70 (for OCI) and 182.70 (for renunciation), total of 465.40} for each applicant. Is it ok to take one money order.

I got the shipping labels of myself and my wife from BLS. Do I need to paste them on outside of FED.Ex. Please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks. Is it going to be any problem for taking one MO for each applicant. Can I cancel and get two MO's for each applicants.

Not sure if a single MO will work. I had two MOs based on feedback on these forums.

Affix the BLS shipping labels on the outside back of the envelope that you will use for mailing the documents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X