Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name different in my passport and my daughter's birth certificate. Entry visa issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name different in my passport and my daughter's birth certificate. Entry visa issue?

Hi, i have a very long name. My passport and visa has my full name. But I had to truncate my name while filling my I94 and I have used my truncated name in my SSN & driver's license.

The same truncated name is used in my daughter's birth certificate.

I am now planning to apply for an entry visa for my daughter. For entry visa i have to send my daughter's birth certificate, daughter's passport and copies of myself and my wife's passport. Will there be a problem because of my truncated name?

PS: My wife's name is the same in her passport and in our daughter's birth certificate.

That is usually okay, but a separate "Affidavit of Discrepancy," or something similar, explaining why there is a difference, should accompany any documents passed to a government agency when the conflicting docs are together.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ganesh008 View Post
    Hi, i have a very long name. My passport and visa has my full name. But I had to truncate my name while filling my I94 and I have used my truncated name in my SSN & driver's license.

The same truncated name is used in my daughter's birth certificate.

I am now planning to apply for an entry visa for my daughter. For entry visa i have to send my daughter's birth certificate, daughter's passport and copies of myself and my wife's passport. Will there be a problem because of my truncated name?

PS: My wife's name is the same in her passport and in our daughter's birth certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      That is usually okay, but a separate "Affidavit of Discrepancy," or something similar, explaining why there is a difference, should accompany any documents passed to a government agency when the conflicting docs are together.

--Ray B
      Thank you very much Ray B. Is there a specific template for Affidavit of Discrepancy that i need to submit. If there is no specific template, can you please give me link for any generic template that i can follow?

Comment

There are some standard formats for this kind of affidavit, but it's not really "institutional." It's basically a sworn statement identifying yourself and describing the differences in spelling, and where those differences showed up. The statement goes on to say that both uses are one and the same person. I'll try to locate some standard such affidavits of this type. This is commonly used in Filipino documents, in which every second iteration spells the same person's name differently for some reason.

--Ray B

Originally posted by ganesh008 View Post
        Thank you very much Ray B. Is there a specific template for Affidavit of Discrepancy that i need to submit. If there is no specific template, can you please give me link for any generic template that i can follow?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          There are some standard formats for this kind of affidavit, but it's not really "institutional." It's basically a sworn statement identifying yourself and describing the differences in spelling, and where those differences showed up. The statement goes on to say that both uses are one and the same person. I'll try to locate some standard such affidavits of this type. This is commonly used in Filipino documents, in which every second iteration spells the same person's name differently for some reason.

--Ray B
          Hi Ray B, i just gave a letter (just like our school day's leave letter ) explaining the same and got this letter notarized. Also i also got notarization on each and every document copy that i sent. They approved my daughter's Entry visa. No questions asked.

Thanks you once again for your inputs.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X