Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infant born in USA. Need to travel India.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infant born in USA. Need to travel India.

Hello,

I have a new born baby and I need to travel back to India at the earliest with my family as my H1 extension got denied and my I94 is expired.

I read some of the forums and it is mentioned that I can take a tourist visa for my baby and apply for PIO from India.

When I read the documents required for Indian tourist visa, One of the section requires valid visa status in USA incase if the parents are in work visa. Since my work visa is not valid anymore, please share me the information on how to proceed on this.

Thanks.

I understand this situation. In the interest of time, You can goto (just walk in) a nearby Indian Consulate or Embassy and ask for their inputs, rather than waiting a response from a forum or from anyone else over the phone. As this is a corner case, only the concerned authorities will be able to guide.

Note that based on my experience, Indian consulate/embassy officials are very efficient and helpful for the people who are really in need.

Comment

Your U.S.-born child is not subject to a "valid visa status in U.S." because he is a citizen of U.S. He should apply for an Indian visa just as any other U.S. citizen would be required to apply for an Indian visa.

--Ray B

UOTE=travel_ind;324628]Hello,

I have a new born baby and I need to travel back to India at the earliest with my family as my H1 extension got denied and my I94 is expired.

I read some of the forums and it is mentioned that I can take a tourist visa for my baby and apply for PIO from India.

When I read the documents required for Indian tourist visa, One of the section requires valid visa status in USA incase if the parents are in work visa. Since my work visa is not valid anymore, please share me the information on how to proceed on this.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Comment

What was the outcome?

Hi travel_ind, could you please update us on what was the outcome of India visa application for your child? Did you have to do anything different because your US visa application was rejected?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X